No. 27 Frigid

Introduction

¤Book title and author – Frigid by beauty_wid_brain
Genre – General fiction

¤First impression – 1… Strong title  2… The summary is poetic and passes a message that is quite different from the contents of the book.

¤Weakness – There is no obvious weakness I could point out. Lucky you...

¤Improvement – Add more info to the summary to balance it with the content of the book.

¤Strengths – Strong, gripping writing style.

Body

¤Opening – It was dark, it was quite, it was cold. I was shivering because of it. I couldn’t see anything, I couldn’t hear anything.

This opening is full of suspense and very gripping.

¤Conflict – About the conflict, the first two chapters was so captivating and can get readers hooked easily because the main character had a terrifying nightmare and we all wanted to know the source of that nightmare and who is the unknown man.

¤Setting – Settings of the story was well described.

¤Characterization – The characters are relatable.

¤Dialogue – Dialogue among the characters flowed well.

¤Point of view – The story is written from first person pov which suited the story.

¤Show versus tell – There was a balance in showing and telling.

¤Format of the text – Paragraphing was done properly.

¤Grammar and spelling – Grammar was good. No punctuation errors. There are few spelling errors that can be corrected when editing.

¤Style – Writing style is fresh.

Conclusion

¤Comment – I noticed after the first chapter titled ‘nightmare’, the genre of the story switched from general fiction to teen fiction. The rest of the chapters lost connection with the ‘frigid’ idea but the story is not complete yet, so I think the writer has other plans for the book.

Thanks for letting me evaluate your book.

Any comments or questions about any confusion just PM me or hit the comments.