No. 33 Altars of Madness

Author : new_mani
Genre : Poetry
Book Title : ALTARS OF MADNESS

REVIEW

Title : Good title. I can see 'Praying to the ALTARS OF MADNESS.' A very thoughtful title.

Summary : Summary is well written. But it can be better if an idea from the title is attached to it.

Opening Poem Review : The opening poem, 'The sound of war' totally had the vibe of 'madness' going on. The poem is filled with thrilling words and situations that people can relate even if it spiralled down to the dark side.

Form/Structure (aesthetics) : The poems all tell a story. At first read, the poems might lack the usual four or five stanzas with regular rhythms but the form was definitely unique and worked well for your work.

'Reclaiming Medusa' was quite melodic to read.

Grammar/Spelling : There is no grammatical errors.

Figure of speech/Imagery : My favorite poem where the element of imagery was portrayed beautifully was 'Folie a deux.' I need not suy much. The poem speaks for itself.

Flow of poems : While reading through your poems, I thought if I could play with the arrangement just a little. So I tried coming up with my version.

1. The fairytale
2. Metamorphosis
3. Reclaiming Medusa
4. Who killed Jessica
5. The conundrum of life
6. Folie a deux
7. What a tyrant fears
8. The sound of war
9. Narcissist tale
10. The end to madness

Most poetry books have an opening poem that kinda introduces readers to the world of the writer. I figured 'The fairytale' had such characteristics of an opening poem. My thoughts though.

Uniqueness : Fusing human psyche with madness is not one easy task and not many poets dare venture into this area. Your talent and creativity was great as to evoke such a powerful poetry idea.

Content Realised : Yes contents of the poetry book was realised.

Personal thoughts : Your poems in a way speaks strength in whatever I'll situations people find themselves. They feel like words blended with psychology and human experience. The words used to describe each subject was really fulfilling and delivered powerful messages. Good work.

######