14. Run Away

Oh, what a day
Them boys they wild, they run with the case
But them boys in blue they won't catch a case
Hands up don't shoot, ain't nobody safe
I'm just tryna love you
I'm tryna give my heart to you
Might fuck around and empty the safe
So come with me now let's just run away
Run away, way
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
India
I've finally been dispatched from the hospital. I'm up and walking again which is good. Chris has been taking extra care of me. Even though I don't need it, I appreciate the thought.

"You need anything? Food? Back rub?" Chris entered the room wiping his hands on his sweatpants.

"Can we go out and get something? Like the two of us and not just you." I hinted at his recent behavior of making me stay home while he goes out and runs any errands. He won't really let me out of the house unless I'm with him. We've only fucked like once since I've been home, which was 2 weeks ago. It wasn't even that aggressive shit that I fucked with. Like I got blue clit.

"India, you know how I feel-"

"Chris, I'm a grown woman. It's not about what you feel. I'm getting out of this fucking house. Now you can take me with you or I'll go by myself, but regardless of your decision I'm not staying cooped up in here like some damn prisoner." I threw the comforter off of my body and stood up, ready to argue my case.

"You really have to give me an ultimatum? Fine." He threw his hands up in defeat and sighed deeply, not fully agreeing with either of the choices I gave him. Selective determination is clearly the way to go when we want something.

I slipped on a simple outfit containing items from Chris's wardrobe considering the fact that I didn't feel like putting on anything tight or revealing. I didn't have the patience to comb through my forest of a head, so I shaped it and left it alone.

 I didn't have the patience to comb through my forest of a head, so I shaped it and left it alone

iamindia: welcome back, Ms. Manory.

I posted the picture and pressed the power button, choosing to hold off on my exploration of the wonderful notebook of opinions called the comment section.

Once we left the house I was finally beginning to feel normal again. No, I couldn't ignore the fact that I had to loosen my seat belt slightly due to the stitches that ran down my lower abdomen. Yet, the way that Chris chose to ride with the roof off gave me a chance to really take in the idea of being limitless. The wind carelessly blew my hair in all types of directions as I watched every palm tree fly by my peripheral vision while my eyes remained glued to the abstract gravel sculpture entitled as the street. I reached for the control center and twisted the knob, becoming gradually satisfied as the music increased in volume.

"It's alright, I'm not dangerous. When you're mine, I'll be generous. You're irreplaceable, a collectible. Just like fine china." I sang simultaneously with the radio, adding a few runs of my own. I heard Chris kiss his teeth and I turned in his direction to see his pulled lips and cut eyes making their way into my vision.