Two || Your New Friends, The Monsters

You gaze around your mansion, taking in the events unfolding before you. Your brain is still processing the fact that there's literal monsters in your home, your social anxiety is just starting to kick in. The tall skeleton is examining your gourmet kitchen with awe, staring into your pantry and cabinets wide-eyed. The fish woman is relaxing on your couch, she's already made herself at home. The little scientist stands awkwardly by the door fiddling with her lab coat, she looks as uncomfortable as you feel right now. The blue jacket-wearing skeleton leans casually against the wall, shutting his eye sockets and seemingly taking a power nap.

Oh god...there's other living things in my house. I haven't even talked to a human in years, how am I going to house four monsters?! I don't even know their names! They don't even know mine! Gah, I wish I wasn't so awkward!

  "Uh...guys?" You say quietly, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. The lizard woman looks up at you and the lazy skeleton opens a single eye socket, revealing a white pinprick in place of a pupil. The fish woman turns around to face you and the tall skeleton stops using your spatula as a sword to turn his attention to his hostess.

Oh gosh. You always hated being on the spotlight.

"U-Um..." You stutter, freezing up. You inhale deeply and compose yourself.

  "How about we all introduce ourselves?" You suggest with a small smile, "I'm (Y/N), I'm eighteen, and...yeah,"

  "Ok, sure!" The fish woman says enthusiastically, "I'm Undyne, I'm twenty four years old!"

  "I AM THE GREAT PAPYRUS!" The tall skeleton exclaims, striking a pose, "I AM SEVENTEEN YEARS, TWO MONTHS, FIFTEEN DAYS, AND THREE HOURS OLD!"

  "Wow, very specific," You giggle.

  "THANK YOU! I TAKE PRIDE IN BEING PRECISE AND DETAIL-ORIENTED!!" He replies with a wide grin.

  "I'm A-Alphys," The scientist says softly, "I'm twenty two, a-and I...uh...I love anime!" She blushes at the last part and you smile at her adorableness.

  "Alphys and I are dating!!!" Undyne shouts, scooping Alphys up into her arms. The little lizard covers her red face as Undyne smirks down at her.

  "That's great!" You reply, "I'm so happy for you two!"

  "guess i'm last, heh," The short skeleton says, shoving his hands into his jacket pockets, "the name's sans, i'm...how old am i, pap?" Papyrus lets out an annoyed groan and you catch Undyne facepalming.

  "SANS, YOU'RE TWENTY ONE! HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS?!!?" Papyrus says, throwing his arms into the air.

"dunno, bro," Sans replies with a shrug, "guess it's because i'm such a numbskull,"

"Pfft!" You snicker, squeezing your eyes shut and crossing your arms. Your sense of humor has kind of disappeared after spending the past few years in isolation...

Papyrus gapes at you and Undyne stares at you quizzically. Alphys giggles quietly in her girlfriend's arms. You turn red from all of the attention and bow your head, staring intently at your socks.

"hey, she has good taste," Sans says with a grin. This causes you to look up at him and smile, your cheeks still warm.

"So, (Y/N)," Undyne says, "you've got a pretty big place! How come you don't live with anyone?"

"Uh..." You start.

"I WAS THINKING THAT SAME THING!" Papyrus adds, "DO OTHER HUMANS LIVE HERE?"

"It's a bit of a long story..." You say awkwardly, scratching the back of your neck and blushing furiously.

"Ah, that's too bad," Undyne says, "could you maybe give us a tour of the place then?"