(4) Knight In Shining Armor

"Oh my gosh! Me too!"

For the whole afternoon, Chloe had been hanging out with the kid at the playground the whole day, they even went out to have ice cream for lunch! And then went back to the playground to play some extreme hopscotch.

Chloe had found out that his name is Hans, he usually sneaks away from his house because he thinks his parents are boring so he always goes to the playground every Tuesdays and Fridays to play by the sand pit or go on the swings early in the morning. Oh! and he is 8 years old, his height is 3' 9" feet, and weighs approximately 61 pounds (Yeah Chloe measured it for the last two, but don't get freaked out, it's a Chloe thing).

Chloe said "Your zodiac sign is Aries too?! We have so much in common!"

Chloe and Hans are chilling on the swings, still holding their ice cream, well their 4th and 3rd servings of ice cream respectively.

Chloe continues on "Ok, ok, do you also think that video games can be a potential platform for young kids to develop skills and experience new concepts if used appropriately and respectfully?"

"Uhh... sure miss." The shy kid talks back.

"Oh yeah! We have like 432 things in common, my little munchkin! I think I'm comfortable calling you my best best best friend from now on!"

Chloe's staring at her ice cream, fiddling with her thumbs.

"Miss, are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah Hans, don't worry... I'm okay..."

"Are you sure?" The kid asked, with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine..."

Then Chloe suddenly snaps "NO! NO I'M NOT! I MISS TIMMY! I MEAN IT'S NOT LIKE I HATE YOUR COMPANY BUT MY DAY FEELS SO WEIRD WITHOUT HIM! YOU KNOW WHEN IT'S SUMMER AND SCHOOL IS GONE? AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS ARE GOING OUT IN AWESOME TRIPS AND YOU'RE JUST SITTING HOME DOING NOTHING? IT FEELS LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW! LIKE MY DAY IS COMPLETELY UNEVENTFUL WITHOUT HIM! SURE I CAN DO STUFF ON MY OWN, LIKE MAYBE LOOKING AT THE STARS IN MY TELESCOPE OR LIKE RESCUING STRAY ANIMALS OR SOMETHING BUT I HONESTLY JUST WANNA HANG OUT WITH TIMMY!"

Clearly not even frightened by Chloe's outburst, he spoke "Do you mean the guy that you've been talking about for like an hour when we got our ice cream?"

"Yeah, Timmy!"

"Miss, you have some serious issues." Hans commented.

"Well..."

"Why don't you just go to him?"

"Because I was mad at him because..." Chloe pauses for a second, checking the time based on the position of the sun (Because you know? Chloe) and immediately realizing her play. "OH NO! I FORGOT I HAVE TO BE AT THE THEATER BY NOW!"

"The what theater?" Hans asks.

"No time to explain, little munchkin, gotta go!"

"Umm... ok miss, good luck!" And so Chloe heads off, with Hans waving goodbye behind her.

At the theater

"Ms. Carmichael! Oh my goodness, my little worker bee, you're late!"

"Yes, sorry Mrs. Ross! I had to grab my princess costume from home."

"Well chop chop young lady! Curtains rise up in 40 minutes! Get your makeup on! Double time!"

"ALRIGHT TEAM! TONIGHT'S GONNA BE FABULOUSSSS!"

Before Chloe makes it to the little actresses' change room, she gets stopped by the main character of the play, the "knight in shining armor."

"Oh what do you want now Tay?" Chloe blurted out, clearly annoyed.