WELCOME PARTY

🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸

🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸

YIBO POV

It was just after noon when we landed at Beijing; I called Lee to come get our luggage. We got out of the jet when I saw Liu standing with three black-suited men behind him and two black SUV's from afar, I groaned. He didn't waste time did he?

Zhan looked at me questioningly.

"We have a welcoming party," I said
sarcastically, pointing towards Liu and his men.

I heard Zhan gasp beside me and I squeezed his hand reassuringly. We walked up to them and stopped a few steps away from them; I quickly surveyed the men in front of us, their demeanor all-threatening.

There was silence on both sides as Liu
looked between Zhan and me scornfully,

"So the two lovebirds finally decided to
grace us with their presence" Liu spat.

I saw Zhan flinch at his cold tone

"Its nice to see you too Liu" I said in the same tone, glaring at him.

"Your little stunt has caused a bit of a
problem for us Yibo my boy" he said,

"What do you suggest I do about that problem?" he asked his voice icy.

I didn't reply; I just kept staring at him.
When I didn't say anything he turned his gaze to Zhan. I tensed

"Hello Zhan, long time no see. Did you enjoy your little getaway?" he asked in a menacing tone. Zhan didn't reply.

"Careful Liu" I warned, and he raised his
eyebrows at me.

Liu was very clever; he wanted to test how far I was willing to go to protect Zhan. I've always treated the man with deep respect, and I didn't dare tango with him before. But I would for Zhan.

"Are we going to have a scrap on our hands Yibo?" he asked eyeing me,

"Depends," I said standing my ground, but
there will if needed be. Liu laughed deviously and snapped his fingers; the men behind him moved towards us, Zhan went a little behind me. I lifted my hand to stop them.

"Come on now Liu, there's no need to
restrain us. We will go with you without protest, there's no need to cause a scene," I said. Gesturing towards the people who have been staring at us.

"Very well then, but if you try to run again
Yibo my boy there will be hell to pay" he threatened, his eyes careful.

"We're not going anywhere," I confirmed and he turned towards the SUV's. I rubbed Zhan's shoulders comfortingly as we walked behind him and got in the back of the vehicle.

We drove downtown towards the headquarters; I looked at Zhan the whole way there. He seemed calm and his eyes
didn't show fear, but I knew him all too well. His fingers twitched every now and then; something he only did when he was nervous or scared. I didn't say anything, what with the guards that watched us
closely in the car.