VISITOR

YIBO POV

YIBO POV

We've been here for almost a week, having
Zhan here with me has made this whole experience wonderful and comforting.

I enjoyed sharing all these different
experiences and memories with him as I took him around town.

"Wow, where are we?" he asked admiring the scenery, I smiled

"Cypress creek, my dad and I used to love
canoeing here" I said, he smiled and stood at the end of the riverbank, he sat down and I sat down next to him.

"Tell me how your parents met," he said
looking at me,

"My mom was waiting tables at a diner in
next town, my dad was there on business. Apparently some guy got too physical with her and he came to the rescue, I guess the rest was history" I murmured.

"Did she get to meet the rest of your
family?" he asked and I shrugged

"Knowing how my family was my dad kept her as far away from them as possible, they knew about their relationship.

But they all passed it as infatuation, something my father would get over. According to my uncle sparks flew in the family when they announced their engagement" I said shifting my gaze to the water.

Zhan continued to eye me.

"Your family didn't approve of her?" he
asked knowingly I nodded

"My mother came from a poor background and according to them people like her didn't mix with people like my dad. To them my father could've done much better" I said shaking my head in disgust.

To most members of my family anything that wasn't money, power or status related was regarded as insignificant. I may have lived that way for almost all my life but I never had such shallow and narrow beliefs.

Zhan chuckled without humour playing with the ring on his finger

"From what I hear your mother was amazing, if they didn't like her then I'm pretty sure they're going to want to shoot me then and worst part was I am gay" he teased but I could see that it bothered him someway.

"They don't have to like you my dear,
their blessings or opinions don't mean anything to me" I said brushing my lips to his forehead.

He didn't need to worry about my family, if
I had my way he'd never have to meet any one of them. Hell, they didn't even like me and I was their own flesh and blood.

"Where did you love to go as a kid?" he
asked and I chuckled remembering

"My mother use to love taking me to a flea
market on the other side of town, she loved being among the town folks despite her status in the town. She married into a rich family but she never wore a chip on her shoulder about it. She was just her, a woman who married the man she loved, nothing more nothing less" I said.