CH1

Chapter 1

"I'm telling you Kelly, this is going to be the winter break ever!" my best friend Olivia shouted while we walked down the hall, trying to find the gate to our plane. I laughed and walked along beside her. Well, more like jogging. No more caffeine for her. "I can't believe we're going to London for our winter break. This is going to be, like, the best three weeks of our lives," I said trying to catch up to her. I remembered going to the airport as a child. Everything was so big and different and unknown, but now that I'm only going with Olivia, it seems like that all over again. Our parents trusted us enough to go to London by ourselves, and we definitely couldn't disappoint them.

I found our gate and pretty much had to drag Olivia away from all of the magazines on the stand a couple of gates away. Once we settled down, I turned on my iPod and drowned myself in my music. After a few songs had passed, I looked over to check on Olivia, and somehow she managed to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte in her hands. She also had a stack of magazines beside her. I looked more closely at one of the magazines. It was a FABULOUS magazine. It was plastered with the faces of "One Direction." Whoever that was. I took out my ear buds and poked Olivia. "What," she said, probably too focused on one of her magazines to listen to me. "Who's that?" I said, leaning over and picking up the magazine next to her. "It's One Direction!" she practically screamed.

A few people turned their heads to look at her, and Olivia busted out laughing. I punched her in the arm. She just rolled her eyes and said, "They're from London. There's Liam, Niall, Harry, Zayn, and Louis. Really popular in America. How have you never heard of them?" I sighed and shook my head. They were probably for 10 year olds anyway. The lady at the front desk called our gate number and people started getting in line to board. As I pulled my passport out from my back pocket, I heard Olivia squeal. " Oh my god. Look Kelly! It's Liam!" Olivia turned me around and I was looking at the cutest guy I've ever seen. I was face to face with Liam Payne.