8; unprotected

Alby woke up, but chaos ensues

♚♚♚

Still examining the map of the maze they had discovered, Malia and Isaac had missed the excitement with Gally and Thomas. They finally decided to call it a day and place the sheet back over the map, leaving the place they weren't supposed to know about.

Isaac took Malia's hand in his own as they left the wooded area and saw the sun starting to sink.

Malia sighed, "another night in this ridiculous Glade. No closer to getting home than yesterday."

They made their way to the hammocks, deciding to get a head start on sleeping for the night, figuring they could use some rest.

As they neared the cots, people around them started yelling in fear, running around like headless chickens. The pair looked at each other with wide eyes, sleep would have to wait.

Thomas was led into the med-shack while one of the med-jacks; Clint patched his wounds up from the previous fight with Gally. Thomas winced as the boy began wrapping his broken arm in a tight cast. He fumbled around the room looking for something to use for makeshift sling and ended up with a long, colorful scarf. "No idea where this came from, but it'll work." Clint muttered to himself, stepping back in front of Thomas and using the scarf to tie his arm up so it would heal properly.

After his nose was cleaned up, Clint let him go and he entered the room where Alby had been staying after they had stuck that needle in him.

Newt was kneeling in front of the silent man, trying to get him to say something but all he did was stare at nothing with his entire body trembling.

Gally stood, staring at Thomas as he entered, from a corner with what looked to be a broken nose and a glare. Thomas avoided Gally's eyes and kneeled in front of Alby next to Newt.

"We found a way out, Alby." The man made no movement to suggest he heard him. "Did you hear me? We can get out of here." He tried again.

Finally, Alby spoke. "We can't," he paused. "We can't leave. They— they won't let us."

The word they caused Thomas' eyes to narrow and his heart to jump. It had to have been WCKED that he was talking about.

"What are you talking about, Alby?" Newt asked him, wanting confirmation of what he was thinking as well.

"I remember," he said shortly, refusing to look anywhere but the ground and his bare feet now.

Everyone could feel their hearts stop. He remembered.

"What do you remember?" Thomas spoke up, still knelt in front of the man. The shot they gave him must've restored his memories... But, why?

"You," Alby stayed, finally looking away from the ground to stare at Thomas.

All eyes were once again on him as he took a sharp breath in. What?

"You were always their favorite, Thomas. You were always their favorite," Alby continued. He shook his head, "why? Why did you do this? Why did you come here?" The man started question him, but he couldn't answer because he didn't know.