44| Miss. Nwankwo is Selfish

Joshua's POV

"Pardon me?" Bella exclaimed while I made myself comfortable on my soft, king-sized bed to go back the sleep she had interrupted. "But there's only one bed"

"I said we were going to share the room, not the bed" I said with a smirk. For some silly reason, I loved getting on her nerves. Although I didn't know if I was pushing her buttons too much, I loved the angry Bella.

"So, I'm supposed to sleep on the floor?" she asked.

I sat up and turned to her direction, "I don't know, is the ceiling much more comfortable for you?" I asked looking up at the ceiling with a confused look.

"Wow, I can see that accident affected your brain more than I thought" she shook her head and that made me chuckle. "Well... Someone still has to get my clothes and luggage 'cause I'm not stepping foot in that room again"

"I will call the room attendants" I sighed, "Right now, I need to sleep" I said before lying down.

"Okay... I'm calling room service" Bella said before picking up the telephone when she realized I wasn't going to move an inch. After the long day we'd had, I wanted to have a good night sleep although it was only 7pm.
"I asked them to also get me mattress. They should be here soon"

"Okay..." I mumbled inaudibly. Now, I was feeling a little guilty for asking her to sleep on the floor. I didn't actually mean it. Did I?

After the mattress and her luggage arrived, she went into the bathroom and changed into her nightwear.

"Well, good night" she said after she'd dressed her mattress properly a few feet away from my bed.

"Ugh..." I sat up, "I can't let you sleep on the floor. Come to the bed—" and before I could finish talking, I was pushed out of my own bed and I land face down on the mattress.

"Ah!" Bella exclaimed after spreading her arms and legs on my bed. "I knew you were a kind fella"

"I should've just let you to spend the night with the rats" I snickered before making myself comfortable on the mattress where I was going to spend the night.

"Well, it's your fault. You specifically told me that this was one of the best hotels here" she said with a glare.

"You're the one who wanted to sleep in the room with air conditioning so don't blame me for this" I spat back

"You know what, I don't have time for this" she said before turning her head to face the other side.

"Yeah, you better sleep 'cause tomorrow is going to be a busy day" I said, although she wasn't looking at me anymore.

"Whatever" I heard her mumble before I turned my head too and closed my eyes.

(45 minutes later)

I was exhausted but for some reason, I couldn't sleep. Maybe we'd gone to bed too early?

"Josh, are you awake?" I heard Bella whisper from the bed but I didn't move a muscle. "He's already sleeping? Such a Cinderella" she said to herself making me chuckle mentally. "Although he lost his memory, he's still as proud and arrogant as I can remember" Bella said making me wonder if she usually talked to herself. "He's still the same Joshua Stevens, only that he's more handsome now" I smiled although my eyes were still closed. Thank God I was backing the bed and she couldn't see my face.

"God, what I'm I saying?" she kept ranting to herself. "I'm I wicked for letting him sleep on the floor? I mean, the bed is big enough for two us..." I didn't know what she thinking but I was surprised with what she did next.

"Mr. Stevens..." she called out and when I didn't respond, she kicked me in the butt. Of course, now I had no choice but to immediately get up from my pretentious sleep.

"Ouch... Are you crazy?" I held my butt after I'd jolted up.

"Sleeping Beauty, did I wake you up?" she touched her chest as she feigned pity. She was squatting on the king-sized bed with an amused look on her face.

"Why the hell did I not let this woman sleep with those rats?"

"Well, you didn't let me sleep with rats because, they would have disturbed me and I need my beauty sleep if we're going to shoot that commercial tomorrow" she said with a duh tone, "So, quit blabbing and join me on the bed. Leaving you to sleep on the floor makes me look like a bad person"

"That's the understatement of the year" I chuckled while climbing into the bed, "You're a horrible person"

"I know" she laughed shortly. I loved the way she laughed.

We both laid on our separate sides of the bed afterwards and I couldn't help but grin.

A/N: Who else is enjoying the story?