The Argument

Jay got out of bed and walked to school. "Hey Miguel."
"Yo Jay whats up."
Jay soon realized Miguel didnt remember. He had a flashback to when Brodie talked to him during his first loop. Something about a trigger. That people didnt remember previous loops until a certain trigger occurs. He realized that if he didn't say anything to Miguel that Miguel probably wouldn't remember so Jay kept his mouth shut. "So you wanna come over to my house for your 18th?" Miguel nodded. "Obviously bro!" Jay smiled. On his way home Jay didnt see anything to peculiar. Until the weekend. He heard a knock at the door. Now seeing this scene for god knows how many times he opens the door knowing its Miguel. "Happy Birthday bro!"
"Thanks man i appreciate it."
Jay looked up at Miguel. "Well buddy I hate to do this to you. But do you mind actually wearing it this time?" Miguel looked confused. Jay pulled out the necklace. On the case were the words. "They only see you to be you." Miguel just stared. "You.. Remember?" Jay nodded in agreement. "Yes but I'm trying to find an escape." Miguel took the necklace and put it on. Miguel sighs. "There is no escape from this reality. Believe me I would have found one by now." Jay began getting angry with his brother not understanding where he's coming from. "It would he easier to tell someone who didn't lie to me about killing someone!" Miguel turned his back to Jay trying to hold back tears. "Listen.. I did what i had to do. You won't understand that. You most likely wont ever understand what i go through. What I've been through. Sleep alone tonight Im going home." Miguel opened the door and slammed it shut behind him. Jay just stood there starring at the door. What the hell did i just- wait maybe this will help me escape. A different set of events may be in motion and if thats the case maybe I'm one step closer. Sorry Miguel. Jay, now laying down in bed realized. That this most likely doesnt change much. Considering Miguel still left the house. Miguel returned home. He opened his wooden bedroom door and dozed off to sleep peacefully. Jay turned on the news. Brodie Leon now referred to as patient 0 has escaped the asylum in Besko Park. It is advised to stay in doors. Officials say hes armed and heavily dangerous. "Well.. Wait a second." Jay peered out the window. He realized immediately. Maybe Miguel is safe. He shouldn't come into contact with Brodie when he isnt even outside. Maybe... Just maybe he is safe. Jay pondered these thoughts for a few hours hoping that his beloved friend wouldn't come to meet his destined fate. Jay fell asleep and dreamt of the day he escapes this nightmare.