We having nothing to lose

Jay woke up and stretched. "CRAP!" Jay turned off his alarm. Well school is still in session this ain't heaven thats for sure. Jay got ready and left his house.
"Oh, hey Miguel."
"Hey whats up Jay."
"Well the sky is-"
"Really?"
"Yes. Yes the sky is up."
"Miguel can we talk?"
"We are."
Jay sighed and shrugged. He motioned for Miguel to follow him to his house. They walked to Jays house. So dying doesnt work. I need a new way to break the cycle. "Why'd you kill her." Miguel quizically glanced at Jay. "What do you-"
"You killed Briana, your girlfriend, right?" Miguels expression changed faster than a nascar zooming down the course. "I...." Miguel stuttered. Jay said nothing and just pat Miguel on the back. "It'll be okay Miguel." "No it wont Jay. You won't-" Jay cut him off "understand. I won't ever understand?" Miguel simply stared at Jay. "Yeah.. That.." "Miguel, I've been through hell and back. No. We've been through hell and back. I want out of this place." Miguel, still bawling his eyes out spoke slow. "There's no way out. Brodie made sure of that." Jay looked awed. As as if everything made sense except that very everything included nothing. "What are you talking about Mig?" Miguel spoke sternly. "Hes self aware, hes in control he knows all the loops. Hes in the Aether." Jay seemed starstruck. Yet confused. "The aether?" He began laughing then continued. "You mean that thing from the video game?" He was hysterically laughing by the end of his comment. Miguel began giggling and snickering to himself realizing how foolish he must sound. "Yes but no." Jay looked at him with a curious gaze. "What do you mean." Miguel sighed."Its like a base of sorts you could call it. It has all the events of all the loops. He studies them. We are pawns in his scheme. He has power over where our loops start and stop. Thats why..." Jay looked a bit worried. 'Thats why what?"
"Your loop starts after i shot Briana... The only escape i could think of is to bring her back but we cant. Not in this loop anyways." Jay spoke as if he finally was getting serious. "What if we enter a new loop?" Miguel shook his head. "You think i haven't tried that? Besides its not that easy. How do you expect to reach the aether anyways. Only Brodie knows that." Jay smiled. "We will find a way. Trust me. We have nothing to lose."