A flawed endeavor

Jay went to sleep uneasy that night. Waking up the next day ready for the last day of school. Again.
"Hey Miggs"
"Oh hey Jay"
"Miguel... I need to talk to you its important..."
"Oh.. Ok what's up."
Jay signaled to Miguel to walk to his house. So they both were off to Miguels house. Both of them were quiet as can be. Sure a few short conversations but nothing major. They got to the house. Jay walked up and unlocked the door with the spare key Miguel had given him. They walked in to Miguels room. Jay turned to face Miguel.
"So why did you do it?"
"Why did i do what?"
"I remember Miguel and I know what you did."
Miguel looked sad and his head dropped to the floor.
"Y... Your referring to-"
"Briana, Brodies sister you killed her. Why?"
"It.. It wasn't supposed to be her. I swear. Look I knew this guy, Timothy. He tried starting an underground business if you catch my drift. One day i was fed up of him munipulating people to do whatever he wanted. It wasnt right. I got so mad that i brung a gun with me and I planned on shooting him. I had a clear shot. He was walking outside. Than Briana came running to me i presume to convince me to not shoot him. However i tried to aim over her shoulder and i got a cramp in my leg. Stupidly I shot the gun still thinking i had my aim. When i got up. I fell right back down to my knees. I shot Briana. Jay you wont understand. YOU HEAR ME!? YOU'LL NEVER KNOW THE PAIN I'VE GONE THROUGH! SHE WAS- sh.. She wasnt just Brodies brother... She was.. She was my girlfriend ok...
I never told you because i thought you would get jealous that i was hanging out with someone else instead of you."
Jay smiled reassuring Miguel. "Dude.. I cant even begin to fathom how hard that is but for what its worth i would never jeopardize our litterally life long friendship because you wanna hang out with you're girlfriend." Thay hugged each other in that moment. Both thinking it was absolutely necessary. It was definetly a bonding experience for the two of them. Miguel let go of Jay. "Brodie came to me and threatened to kill you if i told you about any of this so dont tell him. Or matter of fact dont tell anyone. Youre life depends on it. My life depends on it? What if thats my only possible escape. I won't. With that Jay left to go to his house. Though he didn't walk inside. He simply stood out front waiting for Brodie oddly enough. Never thought it would come to this. "Hey Brodie." Jay said in a calm voice. "What the hell do you want get out of my way kid!" "No I won't Miguel told me everything."
"You little weasel!" Brodie pulled out a handgun and shot Jay. Miguel heard the gunshots and came running towards the noise to see Jay. "No.. No.. It cant be.." Brodie looked at Miguel. "I told you would kill him if you told him. I wasn't joking." Miguel punched Brodie with all his might and took his gun. "Not without Jay." Miguel took the gun and shot himself.