Chapter 7 - Tears of Ice

December ???

???

Regaining my consciousness, my eyes are still close. The smell of carbolic acid is overwhelming.  The room is very silent aside from my heaving breathing and a beep sound that is just very near me. Where am I exactly?

I opened my eyes and a beam of light blinded my sight for a few seconds. I blink a few times to sharpen my blurry vision. I glance around the room and the color consists of yellow and orange for a warm feeling. There is a tv hanging across the room and at the side, there's no doubt that's a Holter monitor. I am in a hospital room. 

North: What happened? 

That's the word that came out from my mouth. I try to remember what exactly happened to me, why am I here in the hospital. The memory tries to occupy my thoughts as I remember that night, Tsugu and I held a street performance, and soon after, I collapsed as we walked home. Now that explains why I'm here.

North: So that's what happened.

This isn't the first time it happened. Though, this is the second time I collapsed from the cold. I am a bit sensitive from too much cold that my body will give up on me and will have a hard time breathing until I collapse. How did Tsugu manage to bring me here I wonder?

I take another last look around the room and at the side of my bed, my guitar was carefully placed on the table. I rise my body and pick up the guitar and take it out from its bag. I take an inspection to see if there are any dents when I collapsed that night. 

It looks like nothing happened to my guitar and I put a smile on my face of relief. My portable amplifier is also placed on the table. I take it from the table and gently place it just beside me and I plug in the cable. I strum on the guitar and the quiet room is filled with melody. And suddenly, a lady in a coat enters the room, assuming it's the doctor.

Doctor: I see you're feeling better already. Rest assured, nothing is wrong with you. You simply collapsed that night due to the cold.

North: I know.

The doctor is dumbfounded by my sudden and immediate reply. She scratches her head and clears her throat.

Doctor: I take this is not the first time it happened?

I nod in response and the doctor also nods back, making it look like that she understands the situation.

Doctor: In any case, you should rest up and you'll be fine in a few days.

North: How long was I out?

Doctor: About 3 days, I'm afraid.

3 days? That means the Christmas party with Tsugu and the rest was already over. I let out a sigh and nod back at what the doctor said. She seems to know my sadness that is written all over my face.

Doctor: Your friends were here since bringing you here. There is this one friend of yours who wouldn't stop crying. Hopefully, once she sees you up, I'm sure a smile will appear on her face.

It must be Himari who was crying. I'm sure she'll pounce me once she sees me that I am recovered.

North: I see.

I only let out a smile and the doctor smiles back. Hearing about Tsugu and the others were waiting for me to wake up kinds of put a smile on my face.

Doctor: I'll check up on you later. The nurse will bring your meal in a moment. I'm sure you're craving to eat something.

Now that she mentions it, I am not that really hungry, but I do want something to eat. And after that, the doctor leaves the room, leaving me only with my guitar as my companion.