Chapter 7

Chase pov

After waiting around a few hours I could feel myself slowly going insane. A thousand things could go wrong in the ER. The doctor could have a shaky hand and cut her nerves and she won't be able to use her arm. The bullet could infect her arm. She could go into a coma while she's under. She could be wheeled into the wrong room and when they say I can see her I get some old lady. A lot of things can happen! The next thing I know I hear footsteps approaching me and the back of my head hit. I shoot to my feet

"What was that for?" I ask pouting as I rub where I was hit. Bree squints at me with her hands on her hips

"Your thinking negatively!"

"How do you know what I'm thinking?"

"Your face and the fact you basically just admitted to it." I look over. Maybe I did.

"But why did you hit me?"

"To snap you outve it!"

"Outve what?"

"Outve thinking something's gonna go wrong with Nikki! Stay positive"

"I can't! If something goes wrong I want to be aware of it now"

"Stop thinking that way, Chase! Your scaring yourself and us. What if Nikki thought something was gonna go wrong? What would you say? Your probably right, your gonna get hurt worse?"

"No id comfort her." Soon I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up to see Adam

"Then do the same for yourself,Chase." I slump my shoulders and run my fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry. I'm just stressed."

"Chase were all stressed. A lot just happened and on top of it all Nikki's hurt." Davenport says as he turns to face me. "But thinking that Nikki being in a room with people were not familiar with means she's not gonna come out herself anymore, isn't helping our situation."

"Well how can I not? You just said it yourself that she's in a room with people we don't know! What if they find out she's bionic? What if they do something wrong? What if she slips into a coma? What if-"

"What if they fix the issue and she gets to come home?" Bree finishes.

"That's what I'm hoping will happen." I say with my head in my hands as I sit back down. I rub my eyes in frustration. This whole thing is giving me a bigger migraine then what I already have. I usually can stay positive but with Nikki being taken for getting shot. The thought makes me shutter. It also brings back the memory of the last time we have- and ever will see Kyle. The way he held the pistol pointed to me and Nikki. I thought we were goners. But thankfully we were saved. I think that mayve damaged my pride a little bit. That I didn't save us. I had to be saved. Although I'm greatful I just wish I could've done it.

I wonder how Nikki's doing right now. She's been behind the giant light teal doors for almost an hour now. I wonder if she's resting and they haven't came back with updates yet because they think were gonna shoot back there and increase her heartbeat. Which I wouldn't think twice about going back there so they may be right. I could see her sitting in her hospital bed. A female nurse or doctor having put her hair in a bun to get it out the way of the procedure. As she looks out the window she shakes her head a couple times to try and get her side bangs out the way but they would always fall back. Her face content do to what she was put under still taking affect. I could see her being hooked up to every machine they've got in that place to make sure she's doing okay. I could see her being curious at it. Her curiosity usually gets the best of her. That reminds me of a time I was fixing Adams capsule because he had gotten bored and switched a few wires. Causing it to shock him. Also giving him a funny tick for a good week. But I remember working in the capsule as Nikki sat by the control panel and watched.