Chapter 5

Demi's P.O.V

Saturday mornings are always the best. I get to spend the whole day with Joe rather than only part of the day. I know I can't complain much since he's the one supporting us and it's because of him we're able to eat and have a roof over our head. Don't get me wrong, I'm so proud of him too, I just wish I could spend a little more time with him.

"Good morning beautiful." He says.

I flash him a smile, "Good morning handsome."

"I don't know about you, but I'm pretty comfortable." He says.

I'm in the same position as Joe. We're warm under the blankets and comforter and it's just so comfortable. The second we get out of the bed we'll be cold from the winter weather. The floors will be cold, our house will be cold, and we'll no longer be warm.

"I think breakfast can wait a little longer if you ask me, it can't be that late in the morning." I say.

"Only 7 am." He reports.

"Well, no need to rush the morning then. We don't have much to do today anyway. I just have to do the laundry today." I say.

"That sounds like a Sunday chore if you ask me."

I roll my eyes playfully, "I know, I know. Sunday's are the dreaded day of the week since it's your last day before work. The laundry won't take long to do at all, we don't have much of it. I'd like to just relax with you tomorrow though." I say.

He kisses the top of my head, "Whatever you want to do Dems."

"Well I think we can wait for breakfast until we get hungry. I'm not hungry, how about you?" I ask.

"I can hold off, I'm not dying of hunger at the moment." He says.

"So we sort of still have holiday plans to figure out, I know we still have a little over two weeks, but I don't think it'd hurt to get everything figured out." I say.

"No, you're right. We need to figure out the meal and get the groceries soon. I don't think either of us want to be caught in the middle of holiday shopping." He says.

"Well I wasn't just talking about the meal. My parents are wanting to come the day before Christmas Eve since we live a little far away for her. She was thinking she could stay the night for three days then leave after Christmas Day." I mumble.

I love my mom, but sometimes she can act as if I'm totally helpless. I feel as if she has zero faith in my cooking or adulting abilities at times. She's usually right above me in the kitchen as if she has to make sure I'm cooking something well enough or don't burn it. She often gives opinions I didn't really ask for, or want. As for my dad, well, I don't have much to complain about. He's pretty chill for the most part.

"Well, I don't think we can really say no if we want them here for Christmas. I think we'll survive." Joe says.

"So they'll stay in the guest room?" I ask.

"Well my love, I don't think they'll want to have our bed." He chuckles.

"Oh it's not like we don't wash the sheets." I laugh.

"They'll have the guest bedroom." He says.

"So have you heard what your parents plans are?" I ask.

"They were coming, but I think they would be here Christmas Day." He says.

"Your brothers coming?" I ask.

"Yes, are your sisters?" He asks.

"Yup." I say.

The good thing about our families is everyone does get along. There's no beef or hatred between anyone. So holidays usually are fun and go smooth.

"You know, for it being December, I think it's a little sad we haven't put up much decorations." Joe says.

He'd be right on that. We only have a Christmas tree up and the lights on the house. We could definitely put some stockings up and get the presents we already have wrapped under the tree.

"I know we need to go a little more out than we have. But we've got a little time." I say.

"We've been busy in other areas." He says.

That's true, Joes been working a lot and my week is usually cleaning and cooking. When we have time together we don't really want to spend it decorating, we want to spend it together.

"Mhm." I hum.

"We'll get to it eventually." He says.

"Yeah, as long as we get to it before my parents get here, we'll be fine." I say.

I don't really want to have my mom suggesting what I should or shouldn't have done in my own house. I know she doesn't mean to do it, and I honestly don't think she realizes she does it sometimes, but it can get rather frustrating for me to have to hear her criticize something I did put a lot of work into. So I'll probably get to decorating Monday, just so I can get it over with. Plus, I'll admit, we could use a little more Christmas decorations in the house.