Chapter 13

Demi's P.O.V

When I get to Olive Garden I manage to arrive at the same time as Marissa, "That was perfect timing." She smiles.

I lock my car before dropping my keys into my purse, "We always have been in sync haven't we?" I ask.

She chuckles, "We have."

She leads the way into the restaurant and we follow the host to the table booth and once we get in, she looks to me.

"So the news?" She asks.

"You're gonna have to not scream in excitement." I warn.

She rolls her eyes dramatically, "Just tell me. I can keep my cool."

"I'm pregnant and I've made it past my usual miscarriage weeks. So I'm feeling like I'll actually get to hold this baby." I say.

"Oh my gosh Demi that's amazing. I'm so happy for you, this has been so hard on you. Do you know if the baby is healthy for sure?" She asks.

"We have an appointment coming up soon to make sure, but I haven't had any bad side effects so I think so. I'm hoping so at least. It's felt like a normal pregnancy so far. The morning sickness and stuff. However not a single bad side effect." I say.

She smiles, "So do you think it will be a girl or a boy?"

"I don't care what the baby gender is as long as it's healthy. I just want it to be healthy and to get to hold it." I admit.

She nods, "I understand."

There's a few moments of silence between us as our waiter takes drink orders and Marissa finally asks, "Does Joe know?"

"I told him on Christmas." I say.

"Aw that's cute." She says.

Minus he was a little disappointed I didn't take the test when I was supposed to and I knew the news before he did, it was.

"So what have you been up to?" I ask.

"Not much. Working mostly. Nothing too fun."

"How's dating life going?" I ask.

"Not good what so ever." She chuckles.

"If you'd let me help it'd go better." I tease.

"Please, the last time I let you help you found me a guy who knows as cheating on his girlfriend with me and I ended up in the middle of that." She says.

"Ok, I will take accountability for that one. But James was nice." I say.

She shrugs, "Better as a friend then a boyfriend."

"Lucas." I point out.

"Stopped feeling anything for him. The relationship was more of a chore than something I was happy in."

"My records good minus one. What if I find you the one this time?" I ask.

"Ok, if you find a single guy, tell me about him and I'll decide if it's worth it or not." She finally decides.

I smirk, "Oh I will."

"But I doubt you'll find anyone."

"Oh I for sure will."

*time skip*

Lunch was nice and Marissa definitely seemed to uplift my mood a bit during my time with her. However it quickly went back down once I left the restaurant.

When I get home I change out of my clothes and get changed into something more comfortable. I hang the clothes back up since they weren't even worn for a full three hours.

I then head to the bathroom and grab my make up wipes and quickly get the make up off my face. With three face wipes it comes off entirely and I then go to the kitchen.

With the dishwasher done, I unload that and put everything where it belongs. I then go to the washing machine and put everything into the dryer and begin a mother load of laundry in the washer.

It's safe to say my entire day was spent doing laundry and after I manage dinner, I head straight to bed feeling nothing but exhausted.

"You look extremely tired." I hear an hour later.

I turn my head to see Joe in our bedroom, "Yeah, there was a lot of laundry." I say.

"Demi you didn't have to do it all today." He sighs.

"I didn't, I ate lunch with Marissa." I say.

"So lunch with Marissa was the only break you took form cleaning today?" He asks.

"The house needed time be cleaned Joe." I argue.

"Not the whole house Demi. You could've done one task today and a few smaller ones tomorrow. You did laundry which was a major task and I see all the garbage cans have been emptied and the dishwasher is empty. You did more than you should've today. You're pregnant, you don't need to be doing all that anymore." He says.

"It was bothering me."

Too tired himself to continue the argument, he lets it go with an eye roll. I watch him grab his pajamas before heading to the bathroom. I'd like to stay up and talk to him, but I'm asleep before he ever joins me back in bed.