Chapter 6

Demi's P.O.V

It's December 23 meaning my parents will be here at some point today. I'm excited to see them, a visit with them has definitely been long overdue. Life's been busy for Joe and I and we haven't had a lot of free time so there hasn't been a lot of time spent with either of our parents. However with Joes living a little closer, we are able to visit them more than mine.

"You feel alright?" Joe asks feeling my head.

"Nauseated." I admit.

"Still?" He asks.

I've been feeling extreme nausea for a few weeks but I didn't want to worry Joe before the holidays. Especially since he has no idea why I feel so nauseated or have been throwing up so much.

"Joe I'm fine, it's just a stomach virus, nothing serious." I say.

Not believing me, he feels my head to make sure there's no fever. I know there's not, other than vomiting and feeling nauseated I'm fine. It's just the not so fun side effect of pregnancy that's happening. I for one, don't mind it. As long as I'm sick then it means I have a baby alive and causing me to feel sick. Until 16 weeks I will be worrying and hoping I make it to 16 weeks.

"Are you sure? You don't seem to be getting any better Dems." He says.

I nod, "I'm fine, I promise."

"Should I start breakfast then?" He asks.

"I can get it Joe." I sigh.

"No, you aren't feeling well and I think you really need to rest. I'll fix breakfast, it's not that big of a deal." He says kissing the top of my head.

I don't get to argue further because Joe leaves the bedroom before I'm able to. I let out a soft sigh, he can be so stubborn sometimes.

Not in the mood to argue before my parents get here, I let it go and stay in bed until he returns with breakfast. All at once I smell the eggs, pancakes, and breakfast sausage hit and my stomach decided those scents should not go together.

In the matter of a split second the nausea turns into the need to vomit and I jump out of the bed and rush to the bathroom. I get on my knees in front of the toilet just as I begin to gag.

"Oh Dems." I hear Joe say softly before I hear his footsteps.

My hair falls into my face and the second Joes beside me be holds it back and rubs my back gently, "I hate seeing you like this you know?" He asks.

My response is cut off by the vomiting I'm doing into the toilet. One thing I've learned in these couple of weeks is this baby has absolutely no mercy when it comes to my vomiting.

The vomiting is so intense I don't have time to get a full breath in before I'm vomiting again. I feel my stomach just cramping from how tense I am. My lungs are aching from the lack of oxygen in able to provide them with as I repeat the process of vomit, gag, vomit, gag, vomit.

"Dems you have to breathe babe." Joe says concerned.

I shake my head as my eyes water as I feel my lungs ache further. I can't breathe, I don't have time to.

It seems like forever before my body's finished with getting rid of last nights dinner and Joe kisses the top of my head as I take some deep breaths, "Do you think you'll be ok for the holidays?" He asks and I nod.

I'll have to be, my parents are coming today and we can't cancel now. I've been able to act oblivious to pregnancy so I'm sure I can pretend to be fine in front of everyone. My acting's already fooled one person hasn't it?

At 3 pm is when the doorbell rings and Joe gets up from the couch to let my parents in. I remain seated on the couch and smile as I watch my mom and dad walk through the front door.

"What a beautiful tree. I love all the colors on it. The red ornaments go so well with the gold and white. And the tree adds all the green you need." My mom says.

"Thank you mom." I say.

I get up from the couch and greet her with a hug along with my dad before sitting back down beside Joe.

Small talk is made for a while until the ice is broken and a larger conversation is made. We all catch up, which was needed. Everything seems to be going well and I am thankful for that. We haven't really had such a smooth visit like this. Usually something is said that offends someone accidentally by this point.