xiii | peppermint kisses

bold - rita hotch
italics - tim drake

[INT. Rita's bedroom, 01:00 AM; February 11th]

"I've been told you've been looking for me. Sorry if they caused you trouble."

"It's fine. Nightwing seems nice. He cares about you, a lot."

"That's true. He's a person like that, though we've had our differences."

"Look, Tim. I'm sorr-"

"Just. Please. Don't say you're sorry. Please."

"Okay. I won't. I should've warned you, though. Asked you for permission."

"... I've wanted to do that myself, actually."

"Really? You're not angry?"

"Do I look angry to you?"

"Don't you Vine me, Birdbrain. Still, if you're not angry... why have you been avoiding me?"

"I needed time to think. Then I realized I'm probably overthinking things, so..."

"You do do that, don't you?"

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Anyways, I've come to a conclusion. I do like you-"

"That's good to know."

"Don't interrupt me, Marguerite. As I was saying, I do like you. But, I know you don't like me."

"I do-"

"No, you don't. You like Red Robin, the least known sidekick of Batman's. You don't know who I am."

"Have you ever been anyone but yourself with me?"

"No, but-"

"Have the things you've said to me about yourself been lies?"

"No, but-"

"Tim. Even if I don't know your last name, or how you look underneath the cowl... I can still like you. For your personality, your stupid little jokes and how helpful you are. Think of it like a blossoming, internet romance."

"You've been reading way too much fanfiction."

"But, am I wrong?"

"No, you aren't. I'm sorry. I really do like you and... I want to take you out."

"As Red Robin or?"

"As Tim. Tim Drake."

check out my jason todd fic and, if
you like marvel, my steph brown x kate 
bishop crossover fic if you wanna