Chapter Five: Reese

The ladder wobbled a bit as Amelia climbed up it, but thankfully she didn't fall or anything.

"OK, my room's that window," I pointed to the window at the far corner of my house.

"Your house is cool," Amelia said, grinning.

"Why, thank you. I quite like it myself."

Augustus walked next to me, peering into my brother's windows as we passed.

"That's Lee's room, just an FYI. He thinks he may be into you, possibly," I said, teasing him.

"Really? Well, I'll keep that in mind," he rebutled, smiling playfully.

I shoved him gently, saying, "K, climb in through here. You can hop onto my bed or whatever."

Amelia and Augustus climbed through my window, Amelia rushing to look at my clothes. Augustus went to my huge bookshelf.

I climbed through, and flopped onto my bed. I shouted downstairs, "Mom, I'm home! I brought home a friend!"

Pounding feet were heard on the stairs, and Lee, Clark and Dylan burst into my room.

Lee nodded his head in approval. "Nice, he's cute. Good going, sis."

"Shush!" I said, blushing a deep red.

Lee laughed, and sat next to me on my bed.

Augustus looked at my brothers, and said, "Hey. Uh, I heard there's a baseball game we're going to?"

Clark nodded, replying, "Yea, mine. It's the first game of the season."

"Cool, man, good luck. Or, as we say it in the show business, break a leg."

Clark chuckled, and said, "Sweet, thanks dude."

He left the room, leaving me with two brothers, my crush, and a little sister.

"Uh, Dylan, could you grab that abridged version of Macbeth from Lee's room for me?"

"Yea, sure." He left the room, leaving me with two more to get rid of.

"Lee, better go help mom pack snacks in her cooler."

"Ugh, you sound like mom," he groaned, standing up to leave.

Dylan poked his head in my room, and tossed the book at me.

"Thanks, dude."

"No problem."

I sighed, looking at the old book. "Hey, Amelia, here's that book I was talking about. I think it has pictures...wanna go read that downstairs? My couch is REALLY comfortable."

"OK, but it'd better be as gory and bloody as you said it was." She left the room, and I scooted over so Augustus could sit next to me. I saw he had a book of mine in his hands.

"Which book did you find?" I asked, craning my neck to see the title.

"You like John Green?" he asked, smiling as he fingered the pages.

"I love his work, The Fault In Our Stars is my absolute favorite. I read it in one night when I got it."

"No way, me too. It makes me cry every single time."

I smiled, looking at the name Augustus on the back of the book.

"I've always loved that name," I said, pointing to the name Augustus on the summary.

"Seeing that name made me feel special in some way. My name's not very common..."

I looked at him, and he looked down at my face.