Los Angeles California, September 24 1991

"You're such a fucking bitch you know that? I can't even fucking believe I'm even with you anymore!"

"I'm a bitch? What the serious fuck John? I fucking caught you with her and I'm a bitch?" I exclaim in the passenger seat of his Ford pick up truck.

"You know what, she was a better fucking fuck than you ever were and I'm not even sorry you caught me. I don't give a shit, I just want you out of my life," John's eyes burn into mine as he drives us down the street.

"You want me out of your life? Well fine fuck you! Fuck you and that little fucking whore... you deserve each other!" I scream and he aggressively pulls up to the curb.

"Get the fuck out of my truck!" He says menacingly.

"Gladly!" I yell grabbing my bag, quickly opening the door and stepping out but not before he speeds away, almost taking me with him.

"Fuck you, you fucking asshole!" I scream as I nearly stubble out on the sidewalk and throw up my middle finger at him. For a moment I didn't even care that people were out on the sidewalk watching our fight take place.

I had enough. Just another person in my life who doesn't give a shit about me.

As John spins the tires of his shitty Ford pick-up and speeds away I accidentally stumble right into a tall figure, practically planting right in his chest.

"Shit, you alright?" He catches me to steady me as I stumble backwards a little.

I know that voice.

I look up and I swear to god I thought my heart was about to stop.

Chris Cornell.

"Wait... Andi...? " He says as he looks down at me, his eyebrows raised in surprise, his hands still holding my arms. I was speechless.

"Uh, yea..." I clear my throat feeling extremely embarrassed but stable myself pushing a few curls out of my face, making sure my sunglasses were still on.

"Jeezus Christ are you ok? Who was that?" Chris asks extremely concerned as he looks down the road where John sped off and then turns back to me trying to look into my eyes though I keep my sunglasses on.

"No one,"

"You sure you're alright?" Chris asks giving me those concerned eyes again.

"I'm good... I just um... I'm good," I smile awkwardly back and suddenly there was this weird empty space between us.

"I almost didn't even recognize you..." He smiles at me, those gorgeous blue eyes feeling like they are burning into my soul.

"Yea... I seem to have that affect on people..." I smile awkwardly again. This is not how I intended to run into Chris,  if I was to run into him... which now I have.

"You know I can go kick his ass if you want me to?" Chris hooks his thumb towards the direction that John sped off to.

"No, no I'm fine... I'll be fine... he was just an... asshole," I say as I adjust my shirt and I feel Chris's eyes flick over my body. God how I missed that. There was more awkward silence between us and all I wanted to do was just run. I really didn't want Chris to see me like this. After the way we left things back in the summer, I didn't want him to see me stuck at the same spot in my life.

Running.

"I'm just heading to the Rainbow for a few drinks with the guys, wanna join me? We can catch up?" He asks so sweetly. As much as that offer was tempting I really didn't want to face a crowd of people right now, especially a crowd I haven't met yet.