5

Los Angeles California, September 24 1991

We arrive back at the Hotel and I make my way through the parking garage, finding my original spot still vacant and park.

We both climb out of the car and make our way to the elevators, feeling like it was an eternity waiting for it to pick us up.

"I think I have sand in places where I shouldn't have sand," Chris chuckles breaking the silence, looking down at himself as we stand in the elevator waiting to go to my floor. I push my curls out of my eyes and look up at him, noticing there was some left over sand on his shirt. I reach up and touch his chest brushing some of the sand away and he looks down at me, his gorgeous blue eyes gleaming in the dim elevator light.

"Sorry, you just... had some... there," I say quietly and I stop.

"Thanks," He says quietly and smiles at me as the elevator dings indicating it's my floor.

"Well... this is me... " I say gesturing to the doors as they open and step towards them.

"Here, I'll walk you," He says sweetly and follows me out the elevator doors.

We walk down the hall for a little bit, still not saying anything and eventually we arrive at my door.

"I should go and clean myself up but... do you um... want to join me in my room in a little bit?" He says after a few minutes, flipping those gorgeous curls out of his face.

"Sure," I softly smile at him.

"Really?" He smiles at me.

"Yea really," I giggle. He gives me another smile and turns to walk down the hallway back to the elevators.

"Chris!" I call after him.

"Yea?" He asks turning back to look at me.

"What's your room number?" I giggle.

"525," He replies.

"Ok," I giggle as he turns back to disappear off to the elevators and I head inside my room to take a quick shower and change into something to sleep in.

****

Not even 20 minutes later I finished my shower and changed into a plain black spaghetti strap tank top and pair of black satin pajama shorts that had a small slit up the sides and were so short, you could see the bottom of my butt cheeks.

I honestly didn't have anything else with me.

I left my dark hair down with my curls around my shoulders and slipped a hair tie over my wrist just in case. I pulled out some perfume from my bag and spritzed a little bit, the scent emitting sweet chocolate, musk and caramel notes. I take one last look in the mirror making sure I look alright and immediately notice that bruise under my eye from earlier. I debated on putting some make up on to cover it up but it's not good to sleep in make-up. I hope Chris doesn't ask me about it again.

I take in a deep breath and exhale to calm my nerves a bit, then make my way out the door locking it behind me. Once I arrive at his floor, stepping off the elevator, I walk softly down the hallway in my bare feet, trailing my hand along the wall, turning the corner and seeing his room number down at the end of the hallway. I have no idea why but my heart started pounding at the thought of sharing a bed with him tonight. It made me think of spending that night with him in the van with his arms wrapped around me and holding me like he was the only thing in the world that could keep me safe.

Walking slowly down the hallway, checking behind me to make sure no one was around, I arrive at his door and softly tap the door knocker. A few minutes go by and I hear nothing from the other side. Giving a concerned look, I tap the door knocker a little louder and wait for a few more moments.