Chapter 27: Kindness

Currently Izaya researching about the Goddess of Death and Creation stages of awakening and how to prevent it...the informant might sounds heroic, but his motives are only because the Awakening might hurt his favorite humans.

He convinced himself that's the only motives he try so hard to find a way to prevent it. But for some reason, Chiyami pained expression always popped out inside his mind...he doesn't know why he feels hurt inside his chest, this is the first time he felt this kind of feelings...

But a sudden phone calls snapped his daydreaming. Izaya groaned and answered the phone, "Yes, is-".

"Izaya Orihara", a cold voice emanate from the phone.

"I see, this is Masaya Kuronomi-san right?", Izaya rolled his chair facing the big window behind his desk, watching the sparkling of town.

"Your sharp instinct never stop to amaze me", Masaya sneered. "But I believe she already had reach her limit".

Izaya clench his fist, "Reach her limit?".

"That's right, as long as she didn't consume any souls or offering, the awakening will gradually speeding on it's own", Masaya said.

"Consume souls...", Izaya thought.

"What's wrong? Are you scared? Hahahaha!! This is the first time I see through you, Izaya Orihara", Masaya replied arrogantly. "Arrogance will get you nowhere Kuronomi-san", Izaya grinned.

"Say what you want, she'll need me in the end...she will come to me eventually because afterall...I'm the one who gave her those delicious souls", Masaya said in lunatic tone. "And of course in the end, she will just dump you like a piece of rubbish".

Izaya smirked, "I'm not sure about that Kuronomi-san". "What do you mean?", Masaya asked.

"What if I tell you that The Goddess of Death and Creation had already infatuated so deeply about me?", Izaya smirked playfully. "She won't leave my side, and you will be rot and dying on your own".

"I don't believe you, there's no way a Goddess, no...even a human want to love your twisted mind Izaya Orihara", Masaya smirked. "That was a bluff I believe".

"Tch...", Izaya clicked his tongue.

"But I admit, nice try", Masaya laughed as he close the line. Izaya clenched his fist...his words deeply wounded his pride...not even a human want to love him...huh? Somehow he's not even sure anymore if he could keep the snow haired girl with him anymore...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Next week-

"Chiya-chan~", Izaya beamed in her room while Chiyami busy petting Chiza. "You're pretty loud Izaya, what's wrong?", Chiyami chuckled as she stroke the cat head. "Chiya-chan, Chiya-chan! Let's go somewhere for today! I'm bored~", Izaya complained.

Chiyami sighed, she's been pretty tired these days, and she might not have the strength to walk around the town. "There must be a reason why you wanted to go outside...begging like a kid", Chiyami said confidently, knowing the informant attitude. Izaya sighed, "I'm hungry...".

"I would like to but...my strength won't allow me to", Chiyami replied solemnly. "Hmm...I guess you're right", Izaya frowned. For the first time in her life, she saw the informant not being as persistent as he usually does.

"B-But I want to go outside...I need a refreshing...from your stinky office", Chiyami smiled. "Now that's cruel Chiya-chan", Izaya pouted.

"But...are you sure?", Izaya continued.