Chapter 33: Desperation

Izaya was summoned by none other than Shiki. Shiki said it was an emergency meeting but he didn't know what it is all about. They meet up in an empty office building to avoid suspicion. It was raining that day, Izaya put up his hoodie to cover himself.

"Izaya Orihara, we have bad news", Shiki frowned as he approached the informant.

"And that would be?", Izaya asked.
"Saegi Hyotaro was murdered in the cell, the police found his dead body after repairing the electricity", Shiki sighed. Izaya sighed heavily, "I knew it, Kuronomi syndicate dispose him".
"What makes you so sure?", Shiki asked intrigued. "First of all, they will eliminate those who will endanger their purpose. Saegi Hyotaro-san was caught...so for them, it would be the best to kill him before the police found out", Izaya explained.

"As I expected from Shinjuku great informant, Izaya Orihara", Shiki clasped his hand.

"It's not that big deal actually, I think I know their next move", Izaya tilted his chin. Shiki put both of his hand in his pocket and smiled, "Their next move you say?". Izaya nodded confidently, "In the end their real aim is Chiya-chan, they are killing murdering people to escalate the awakening of Izanami no Mikoto".

"Huh...? I heard from my henchmen that there's been serial murder in the town...could it be?", Shiki was dumbfounded.

"It was all his work, Chiyami Kuronomi half brother...Muto Kazeshima, no...Muto Kuronomi", Izaya clenched his fist.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days later, at morning

"This is the fourth victim of the serial murder, as usual the victim is a woman, 30-40 years old characteristic. The body founded in a dark alley where the Yellow Scarves meeting point. The police suspect the Yellow Scarves to be the prime suspect of the investigation. The police started to hunt down every Yellow Scarves member since yesterday".

Chiyami watched the reporter announce a serial murder but taking little interest in it. She sipped her milk, sitting on the sofa like a boss.

"This is must be their doing", Chiyami frowned.

"You're sharp like usual Chiya-chan, I'm scared~", Izaya teasing her from behind.

Chiyami growled, "Really now? Stop being so annoying Izaya". "Aw~, why not?", Izaya smirked. Chiyami sighed as she stood up and picked a book from Izaya bookshelves, she pick 'Mythical God and Creatures'.

"Chiya-chan! I never thought you love reading that kind of book~", Izaya said interested. "Well...I would like to know what humans write about me", Chiyami replied sullenly. The informant realize something feels off from her behavior, she seems to hide something from the informant. After all they've been living under the same roof, of course any significant change on her, automatically he quickly notice it.

"What's wrong Chiya-chan? You seems to be gloomy today~", Izaya purred.
"I'm not gloomy, I'm trying to be realistic", Chiyami replied indifferently.
The informant had a bad feeling about this, but he doesn't have any idea to make her spill her secrets. Suddenly he get this great idea, he wanted to make her drunk.

It sounds ridiculous but he's itchy to know what she's hiding from him. "Hey Chiya-chan, have you tried beer?", Izaya asked slyly. Chiyami stared him, "No, why?".

"Beer is a nice drink in humans world, I bet you love it~", Izaya tried to persuade her. "You're odd, are you planning something this time Izaya?", Chiyami snorted. "Nope, I just want you to try it~, it feels like heaven after all~", Izaya fake smiling.