Chapter 44: Who are you?

"I think this will work", a certain young man came out from a dark alley.
Muto Kuronomi, an elite assassin in Kuronomi syndicate.

After three years, he changed. He become a businessman replacing his father position. The Kuronomi syndicate is no longer an organization to kill people, it's an organization of sweets industry. Muto himself us the one who establish it by himself without the help of others.

"Are you sure about letting her go?", one of his henchman asked him.

"I'm sure that's the best for her...beside someone is waiting her...", Muto smiled.

Most of you will ask why would he replace his father.

'Why would he replace him you say?'

Just look inside the alley, you will know why...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izaya been working his information brokering while heartedly since last night. He's been browsing nonstop for information.

Chika came out from her room, with sleepy eyes. She greeted him, "Morning uncle".

"Morning, did you sleep well ojou-chan?~", Izaya teased.

"...it's the same dream again", she mumbled.

"What?".

"Oh it's nothing uncle!", she shrugged it off with a smile. "What are you doing?".

"Me? I'm gathering information, you see I'm an information broker", Izaya typed nonstop with arrogant smirk.

"What kind of info you gather?", the little girl asked curiously.

"Depends on my client, it can be anything", Izaya smirked.

Then out of nowhere Chika stomach grumbling loudly, loud enough for the informant to hear.

"You haven't eat last night?", Izaya asked.

"I think so...hehehe", Chika blushed.

"In case you're hungry, my secretary already cook us pancakes", Izaya added.

"Pancakes!! Yay!", she rushed to the dining table. "Uncle! Let's eat together!".

"Kids these days...", Izaya muttered quietly as he walked to the dining table.

Chika smiled, "Ittadakimasu!".

She scarfed the pancakes down like a hungry beast who never eats. Izaya stunned and shocked in so many different levels.

"Girls shout eat more elegantly", Izaya stated. "Or boys won't like you".

"Eh...but I'm hungry", she pouted.

The girl scarfed down the pancakes happily, Izaya on the other hand mesmerized the girl cheery attitude.

"You're a bright one", he added.

"Eh? Uhmm...thanks uncle!", she smiled back.

"Stop calling me that, I'm not that old", Izaya snorted.

"Ne, ne uncle! Let's go take a walk! I'm bored...", Chika pouted.

"Why are you so upbeat?", Izaya sighed.

"Because I'm curious!", her eyes sparkling in excitement.

"Err...okay", Izaya shrugged off.

* * *

"So this is what Ikebukuro looks like!! Amazing!!", Chika spinned around. "Uncle! Let's go there".

She tugged on his clothes and draggeed him to a certain familiar place. Izaya widened his eyes, it's Chiyami favorite cake shop.

"Can I buy cheesecake here? Pleaseee~", she begged.

"Why do you choose this shop?", Izaya snickered, remembering his memories with Chiyami unconsciously pained him.

"Cause...I felt like it!", she paused a bit before answering it.

After buying a cheesecake from the cake shop, they stopped by in ice cream parlor.

"I want vanilla, how bout you?", Chika asked the raven jet haired man who is somewhat looked distracted.

"Hm? Anything is fine~, why don't you choose it for me instead?", Izaya smiled.

"Okay, I order chocolate", Chika said happily.

* * *

"That was great!! Let's do it again next time!", Chika smiled.

"I'm a busy man, I don't have time for this", Izaya snorted.

Chika twiddled her fingers. She seems to be dispirited once again, maybe she's tired.

"You look half dead ojou-chan, need someone to carry you?~", Izaya teased.

"Ng...yes please", she yawned.

It was suppose to be a joke but she take it seriously, and as the result the informant have to carry her home like he just said.

"Who is this kid anyway?", Izaya thought.

"Hehehe...cheesecake...", she drooled on his shoulder, probably dreaming about eating tons of cheesecake.

"Very unladylike", Izaya mumbled.

She sort of remind her of a person who he loved the most...their hobbies are almost the same.

As they arrive home, it's already evening. He put her on the bed, covering her with blankets to prevent her for getting cold.

He scratched the nape of his neck, trying to figure out what to do next. The reason why he didn't sleep last night because he's been looking for any sign of post about missing child.

But since he didn't find any, there might be a chance she's homeless since the beginning...maybe her parents throw her away from house or something like that.

"Sweet dreams Hina-chan", Izaya grinned.

Chika face looks tortured, as if someone torture her. She muttered an unexpected words.

"Chiyami...Kuronomi...".

Izaya eyed her carefully with his sharp eyes, his smile dropped and turned serious in a matter of seconds.

* * *

Chika wake up from her sleep, wiping her teary eyes...it seems like she's crying unconsciously. Next to her bed, she sees tissues pilling up inside a bin...someone must have wipe her tears for her.

She went out from her room, scratching her arms. "That was...nice", she tried to sound cheerful, but fail to do so.

Izaya has been quiet on the couch, looking down on the ground.

"Hehehe, uncle what's wrong? You look pathetic!!", Chika mocked him.

Izaya smirked devilishly, "Me? Pathetic? Don't make me laugh".

Izaya walked closer to the twelve years old Chika and cornered her on the glass wall behind his office desk. Chika backed away, scared of him.

"Who are you?", Izaya glared.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo!

Comment!

Vote!

And add to reading list! (^ω^)
Don't worry it will be over soon.