Preface

America, the grand and the gallant, home to rolling hills that stand proud with almost overpowering grandeur. Home to bison and the newly discovered species of deer and ram. Many a man woman and child have congregated to the most western parts of this alien world in hopes to start a new fresh and free life. But some men have a much more 'profitable' idea in mind.

You see , at the time our story takes place during a time of hard working lumberers and pioneers you may know it as....

The Gold rush. and during this time many odd legends of beasts almost too bizarre to be real.

And in many cases they were! And in others.. they weren't.

A good example was the wampus cat said to be an evil spirit of a woman who was turned into a cat upon following a group of traveling native shamans. The wampus cat supposedly screamed like a woman, had large teeth and only attacked at night. Today we would refer to this beast as the cougar, mountain lion, Florida panther, or puma.But as for the fakes a famous one was the hodag a chimerical '-keye-mer-ic-cal-' beast with a dogs face and reptilian claws or talons.

Fortunately this was a mere hoax.

Just like how people said that cougars ate babies....

Or at least I hope the don't.

At any rate, please enjoy our little story as we follow a color of a rather unique and popular mysterious creature as they survive in the wild. 

 The Jackalope.