Chapter 7 - The White Dragon

Chapter 7 – The White Dragon

Ever since the festival that had happened three days ago, my heart kept beating faster than usual. I would also feel something hot on my cheeks whenever I saw Kija. I knew that what I was feeling wasn't normal.

And I also knew that these abnormal things that were happening to me were all because of Kija.

What was Kija to me?

I couldn't explain what I was feeling so I decided to ask someone else. "Avi," I called to Jae-ha's lover attention. She was attending to the medicinal herbs. I knew that she was making sure that every medicinal herb was growing healthily.

"Zara," she smiled at me.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Sure," she stood up from kneeling and the both of us sat on the edge of the castle. "Is there something bothering you?"

"Yes..." my voice trailed off.

"What is it?"

"I don't know what I'm feeling," I clutched my chest. "I don't remember anything about me or the world so I'm oblivious of what my own feelings are,"

"Well..." she started. "What do you feel?"

"My heart is beating faster than usual," I admitted. "And I could always feel myself blushing whenever I'm around..."

"Around whom...?"

"...Whenever I'm around Kija," I looked down on the ground. "I honestly don't know what I'm feeling,"

Much to my surprise, Avi chuckled. "You kind of remind me of myself back in the days when I was still struggling to know what my real feelings were,"

"You have an explanation of what I'm feeling?" the tone in my voice was hopeful.

"In fact, I do," she beamed me a smile. "I think you're in love with Kija,"

"Really?" I clutched my chest harder and a smile found its way onto my face now that I knew of what was happening to me.

I was in love with Kija.

I didn't need to think of any other explanations since I now had the answer.

As if on cue, Avi and I saw Kija walking around. "Kija!" I called for his attention. He stopped on his tracks and turned to look at me.

"Zara..." his tone was nervous. "Do you need something?"

"I need to tell you something!" I chirped happily.

"What is it?" he asked with the nervousness in his voice that didn't go away.

"I'm in love with you," I smiled at him.

W—What?!, Kija exclaimed inside his head.

I looked at Avi and saw that she was thinking of something too. She said it that fast?!

I frowned because of the confusion. The way they reacted was too unfamiliar to me.

Kija's cheeks were redder than usual. "I—I have to go!" and with that, he ran away from the both of us immediately.

Why did he react like that?

"Does he hate me?" I asked Avi. If what I did made Kija hate me then I would regret it. I didn't want Kija to hate me at all.

"N—No. Not at all," Avi shook her head eagerly. "I think he's just surprised of what you said. In my own personal opinion, I think that he's in love with you too,"

Kija was in love with me too?

The thought made something inside my stomach stir...in a good way.

"Really?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes,"

Wow.

The thought of Kija being in love with me made me happy.

Was it possible that Kija and I would be lovers like everyone around here in the castle?

"What happens if two people are in love?" I wondered.

"If God favored them being together..." Avi explained. "...they will live happily ever after,"

"Without loneliness?"

Avi chuckled at my question. "Without loneliness."