Chapter 8 - The White Dragon

Chapter 8 – The White Dragon

""Zara!" I didn't know why people kept knocking on my door ever since I first came here.

I opened the door and saw Yun standing there. "Yes?" Of course, I knew that they needed something from me...not that I minded it that much. I wasn't really irritated by it or something. I somehow felt happy that I was needed here.

"Zeno and Lyra are back," Yun informed. "You are summoned in the throne room,"

"I see. Let's go,"

They told me that Zeno and Lyra were the ones who knew of who I was and what happened to me. I guessed that everyone was anticipating for their return...including myself.

Yun and I walked our way to the throne room and I noticed a long yellow-haired boy with a girl beside him that had hair in the shade of the sun inside the throne room with everyone else.

"Hello!" the yellow-haired guy greeted. "I'm Zeno,"

"And I'm Lyra," the girl beside him introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you," I bowed to them even though I didn't know why I did that.

"You're right, Kija," Zeno looked at Kija. "I can sense something strong from her,"

"Do you know what that 'something' is?" Hak asked Zeno.

"Maybe she has a blood of King Hiryuu like Yona if you sensed something strongly from her," Yun guessed.

"That's possible," Zeno nodded as he was thinking of something deeply. "But her hair is a different colour. If she had a drop of blood from one of the Five Dragons, she would at least have traces of the blood in her hair,"

"And her hair's pure black," Roo-na pointed out. "It's not just a natural black. It's in the blackest shade possible,"

"Maybe she's just gifted like me," Avi chimed in. "I'm human but I also have inhumane powers with no apparent reason,"

"That is more realistic," Yona nodded. "But we're probably guessing why the dragons could sense something from her,"

"We were waiting for the both of you because we think that you know of who she is and what she is since the both of you are you know...immortal," Jae-ha shrugged. "But I'm guessing that the both of you have no idea too,"

Lyra—Zeno's lover—sighed. "You said that she has amnesia, right?"

"Yes," Kija answered Lyra's question.

Lyra turned to look at me, "And you woke up in the shrine, am I correct?"

I nodded. "I have no idea why I woke up there and my memories are blank,"

Lyra sighed once again. "I guess that I need to tell you a story,"

"It's not the time to tell stories right now," Hak disagreed with her decision.

"Just listen," Lyra rolled her eyes. "I will tell a story that was way older than the story of King Hiryuu and the Four Dragons,"

"I need to listen to this to add up to my knowledge," Yun listened with intent.

"Once upon a time, the first dragon was born," Lyra said. "It was the first time that everyone had seen a dragon so they feared him even though he was kind-hearted by nature. You see, some are dumb that they feared someone who was harmless,"

"I couldn't bear the thought," Kija's face turned disappointed.

"I agree," Yona had a sad look on her face.

"So, they caged the first dragon," Lyra continued the story. "They kept him caged so no one would be able to see him,"

"What?!" Roo-na exclaimed. "That's insane! The poor dragon..."

"Being the lonely dragon that he was, he yearned for something more," I could see that telling the story pained Lyra as well. "He yearned for happiness,"

I looked at Kija and saw that he had a painful expression on his face. I knew that he could somehow relate to the first dragon since they were both lonely.

And without Kija even telling me the truth, I knew that he was yearning for happiness too. "That's just sad..." Kija's voice trailed off.

"Aside from having the power to read minds, he used his other power even though he didn't like it," Lyra breathed out. "He fed off with the memories of humans to lessen his loneliness. Every human that had his or her memory snatched away became a host of the first dragon,"

"Wait...Lyra," Zeno looked at Lyra with his eyes all widened. "Don't tell me tha—"

"That's right," Lyra interrupted Zeno's question without even letting him finish what he was going to say. "You can sense something from Zara because she has the blood of a dragon in her veins. She is the host of the Black Dragon—or I could say, the True Dragon."