Chapter 2

Dakota's POV

As we followed Mia things seemed creepier. Ryan and Mia were side by side while Xavier and I were trailing behind. Every time my foot hit the ground to make the leaves crunch it scared me. Xavier sped up to catch up with me.

"Do you want me to hold your hand?" He asked

"Okay" I replied

His hand was cold as it clasped on to mine. It was comforting though. I wish I could be his girlfriend but I don't think he thinks of me that way. He looked down at me with a smirk on his face. I wonder If I made him feel as comfortable as he made me. I hope so. 

"I think we should go this way!" Ryan said

"No Ryan, we need to stay straight. If we don't we could get lost." Mia disagreed

"Come on!" He giggled

"Okay, fine. But just remember if we get lost it is your fault." she sassed

So now instead of Mia we were following Ryan. 

"Mia, I'd rather follow you than him. He doesn't know what he's doing." Xavier told

"Oh shut up, Xavier!" Ryan yelled

I didn't argue with anyone. I just kept my mouth shut and agreed with what everyone else wanted.  I don't like fights personally. I don't like to me or my friends to get into them. Believe it or not Xavier and Ryan do like each other sometimes. They always fight though. I only got into a fight with them once and it was so small I don't even remember what it was about. 

We probably spent an hour or so walking before we got the first note. I don't even know how we saw it when it was that dark but we did.  What you could just make out in the darkness was a picture of Slenderman. When we noticed that it was him Ryan, who was holding it, threw it. 

"Ryan! Don't throw it!" Mia yelled quietly 

"It just startled me Mia. I'm sorry." he replied

"It's fine. I'm sorry I got so mad." She said

"Oh Mia, I forgive you." he joked

Xavier had let go of my hand and went back to search for it. I lifted it up:

"Here it is, ha ha!" 

He put his hand on top of it and smiled. For the first time he bent down slowly and kissed my cheek. Mia and Ryan gasped but we just looked into each others eyes and smiled.  For the first time in forever I felt like I wasn't in the friend-zone.

Xavier's POV

I couldn't believe what I just did, but I was happy I did it. I needed to get it out of my system. Her deep blue-grey eyes were so perfect at that moment I had to. My emotions were so twisted. I was so scared, like always, but I was also in love. I held her warm hand even though I knew mine were really cold.  It felt like it might snow. It probably would have if it were rainy but it was very clear out. 

Now we were looking for the second note.  So far we were successful by finding the first one.  Though I wasn't really looking for anything, more like just following Mia and Ryan. I couldn't believe what happened next. It was the second note! 

"I FOUND IT!" I yelled scaring Dakota and everyone really. 

"The note?" Ryan asked "How?"

"I have no idea but it is right here." I said

"Good Job!" Dakota said gleefully

So we looked at this note and it said: "no no no no no no no" and another picture of Slenderman. This time even creepier and more absurd than the last one.

We all looked at each other knowing that after they found the second one in the movie the main character was taken by slender. None of us wanted to be the main character so we ran. There was no Slender though.

"What if this is all a dream or something. Maybe that's why we're not dead." Dakota suggested

"This doesn't feel like a dream Dakota." Mia said

"I don't think it does either." Ryan agreed

Dakota looked up at me to see what I thought.

"If it was a dream I'd be happy but I don't know." I said 

I saw Ryan and Mia talking about something. I am not sure exactly what but probably debating over what Dakota said. It got to a point where it was uncomfortably  quiet. I wanted someone to break the silence but I didn't want it to be me.  I made eye contact with Ryan hoping that he would say something. He didn't though.  At last Mia said something: "Let's sit down and rest for a minute." 

So we did and my legs were very happy about that decision . I could have  really sleep right then. I guess I almost did because I remember blinking then the next thing I knew I was being shaken awake by Dakota. Then I saw Ryan's fist coming toward me and moved out of the way. He hit his knuckle against the tree behind us and it was bleeding and it was bruised. He was crying. I had just woken up so of course I laughed at him. 

"This is your fault Xavier!" He Cried

"Oh yeah, totally my fault, I didn't let you punch me." I said sarcastically 

"I was trying to wake you up!" he screamed

"Whatever." I said and he didn't say anything in reply