Chapter 38

***** Freya's P.O.V *****

Leo dropped his atrocious act again, it's the third day in a row he appeared at the hub in his clean-shaven, blazing blue eyes, black hair and formal attire and reserved the whole hub for himself. I can feel everyone's hate stares steered towards him.

"Freya, please listen to me" he held my hand. 

"I told you I don't wanna see your face again" I pulled my hand from his tight grip.

"Please Freya, please talk to me, I can't bear you hating me like this, please forgive me, I agree I shouldn't have hidden my real identity but I didn't see any other way to approach you but my love for you is true" he tried to cup my cheek. 

I pushed him at once "Just leave me alone and have a long life that you've stolen from my mom! If you show me your face once again I swear I'll kill myself!"

"Mr.Weissman I don't think it suits a business tycoon like you to barge into our business place and create nuisance" Howard politely asked Leo to leave. 

It's been a week and Leo didn't make an appearance. I should be happy but I'm not. I fuckin missed him every second and every single night I cried my heart out. I hate myself for loving the person whom I should hate. He is the reason for my mom's death, for my crumbled life. He's been lying to me since day one. His identity, working at the hub, catering at Walton's, the apartment, his family even the casino thing I am sure one of his plans to get to me. But still, I fuckin love that bastard and couldn't forget him.

Suddenly Destiny visited the hub. I still can't believe how Leo, Destiny, and Robert lied like that to me with a straight face. Even Gavin made a fool out of me!

"What are you doing here Destiny?" I asked still being mad at her. 

"Freya, please listen to me, these days Mr.Weissman is practically a living dead, he's not eating properly, couldn't concentrate on work either and drinking to death every night. His tantrums got worse and last week he even hit some employee for no reason. You know they can sue him for physical assault. He's not even attending any meetings and the board of directors were all in a nerve-wracking situation. Please please just come and talk to him once" Destiny pleaded. 

"Serves him right" Rita smirked. 

"See, Destiny I don't need to and I don't care what happens in that person's life, I hope you don't barge in here like this again on his behalf, I 've had enough of this" I crossed my arms. 

"Freya's right, he can't just play with all our feelings, we don't need to care for him" Pilot smirked.

"Tell him money won't buy us," added Baron.

"You've heard them, we don't have to do anything with him, Please leave," said Karen. 

"Do you guys think you are better than Mr.Weissman or something? Do you think Ms.Karen you got your child support from your ex all of a sudden whom you haven't heard from in years? My boss made it possible! Do you think Mr.Baron you got that paid internship at Steel&Co so conveniently to repay your mounting student debt? Sorry, my boss didn't know any better so he recommended you for it. Do you think Mr. Pilot you got a record deal with MUSiK MOD on some random auditions? No, I arranged them on Mr.Weismann's order. And Ms.Rita! Do you think your insurance policy paid for your bloody boob job? Hell no! That insurance scheme paid shit but my boss did and he doesn't even like you!! If you think my boss is manipulating you with his money and power, he bloody would have told you what he did for you!! He treated you as his friends and tried his best to help you all!"

"Remember Freya when you asked Mr.Weissman to see his apartment, he called me and I couldn't arrange it. He would've fired me if he were the boss I know but he didn't because he was changing, you are changing him!! He even raised salaries for all our Weissman employees on account of your one word!! I know my boss is not the perfect person. I agree he is an arrogant bastard but he's changing he is changing because of you Freya, because of you all, I hope you understand that"! Destiny pointed her finger at us and stormed out of the hub. 

In the evening, I went to the apartment to get my remaining stuff and Leo's not there. I should feel glad but I didn't. So many memories in that place, lies or truth but I was happy every single moment I was with him. After what Destiny said today, it's becoming harder for me to hate him. But I have thought of a way to put a full stop to all of it. 

"Fre, I'm so sorry about what happened but you haven't eaten anything in two days. Punishing yourself is not the answer to the problem. Come let's have dinner" Howard insisted. 

I have been living at Howard's since I left the apartment last week. 

"Howard if you don't mind I wanna ask you something" I muttered.  

"What is it Fre"?

"Will you marry me, Howard?"

********

Don't be a silent reader and please share your thoughts <3: LK