The Prince and The Maid pt1

As an orphan, Natalia (commonly known as Natasha to hide her family ties) had no choice but to go into servitude as work. She worked her way through the families, from age 6-18, and found herself eventually working for the royal family. She worked most closely with the Queen herself, but would occasionally be found helping the King make decisions, years of listening to everything paying off.

The Prince had taken an interest in her from day one. Natasha was more beautiful than any maid they'd had before, and she seemed to try to hide it. She had sections of hair covering her face, and she wore clothes slightly too loose, as if trying to hide her figure from prying eyes. He had thoughts about her, thoughts a Prince should never have about someone as low as a maid, but he had them nonetheless. He talked to her at any opportunity, and nobody could deny the shared looks.

The entire castle seemed to whisper about her, making up her backstory and why her parents left her. Natasha ignored the chatter as she worked dutifully, grinding up some charcoal for the Queen to line her eyes with. She hurried her way to the Queen's chambers, before someone called out her name.

"Yes, your Highness?" She mumbled, turning to face him but keeping her head bowed respectfully. "C'mon, Nat, you know we don't have to be formal." He said and she looked up with a small smile.

"If your mother overheard anything other than propriety I'd be fired without a reference and you'd be married off. It's best we keep our talks for private spaces, your Highness." She murmured, letting him stroke her cheek and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear before she turned again and moved faster to the Queen's chambers, knocking and letting herself in.