The Prince and the Maid pt3

"Nat, come on. Tell me. You can trust me." Bucky begged, his hand locked tightly around her arm.

"I'm not allowed to tell anybody until I've worked enough to make my own valuable place in society. I swore a vow to my parents. I do think I heard one maid get it right in the dining hall the other week though." She said, tucking a loose strand of vibrant red hair behind her ear.

"Are you implying one of the theories about you is correct?" Bucky asked, excited instantly. "Can you at least tell me which maid? I can ask her, then you aren't telling me! I'm figuring it out for myself, you aren't breaking your vow."

Natasha hesitated, chewing on her lip nervously before giving in to his wide eyes and the hand that had moved from her arm to her waist.

"Maria. She has short brown hair, dark eyes." She said after what seemed like an eternity of silence. Bucky thanked her with a quick kiss on the lips that she didn't have the chance to deny him before he left, and she pressed her fingers to her lips with a sigh.

Bucky found Maria in just a few minutes, smiling at her.

"Your Highness, can I be of assistance?" She asked as he pulled her away from the group of chattering maids.

"You're Maria, yes?" When she nodded, he carried on. "What's your theory on Natasha?" He asked, sitting her down on a windowsill.

"That she's that Russian princess who went missing." She said with a shrug. "That necklace around her neck, the way she talks, sometimes an accent slips out." Bucky thanked her, resting his hand on her shoulder for a moment before leaving to go find Natasha.