Wrong Door pt1

Natasha sighed as she got out of bed, wrapping her dressing gown around herself and hurrying to the door as the banging on it seemed to relentlessly continue.

"It's two AM. Unless there is a fire in the building -" she started as she opened the door, a glare on her face and she stared at the stranger. His anger seemed to fade into confusion.

"You're not Mrs Preston." He mumbled after a moment of silence.

"No shit, Sherlock. She's the next floor up." Natasha grumbled. "But, since you woke me up, I may as well make some coffee. God knows I won't go back to sleep now." She said with a small smile, not wanting to make an enemy out of a neighbour. The stranger smiled gratefully, following her into her small apartment.

"I'm Bucky." The stranger introduced herself as she started the coffee machine.

Four cups in, Natasha was laughing and Bucky could barely keep a straight face.

"I'm telling you! He was always tiny, now he's taller than me, greedy punk. Gets all the gals too." He said, grinning. "He used to beat up harassers too, or try to." She laughed harder.

"Nah, not that kid. You showed me a picture! He'd get torn apart!" She said in between laughs. Bucky laughed with her, shrugging.

"I guess that's why I was there." He said, sipping on his coffee. He checked his watch and swore, realising he had to leave so he could get ready for work. "Maybe knock on my door this time." He jokes and wrote down his door number before leaving. The moment Natasha sat back down from locking the door there was a sharp rapping on it and the shrill voice of Mrs Preston came through the wood, piercing her brain and she groaned, ignoring the door.