Chapter 3 - Two Jinchūriki, One Bond

Konnichiwaaa minnaaa! Here's another chapter! Hope ya'll like it! And please remember to vote and comment thanks luv you <3 <3

{Play the soundtrack now while reading, don't read too fast!:)}

❄~~Rika's P.O.V~~

The day went gradually calm until I soon realized that the dusk shifted into nightfall

The day went gradually calm until I soon realized that the dusk shifted into nightfall. By now, most children were probably asleep, but Gaara and I were lively still awake. The full moon was luminously graceful in the night sky, accompanying the stars that spread throughout the wide atmosphere.

Gaara and I spent the time getting to know each other more since we just met and wanted to familiarize with ourselves. I learned that he is able to manipulate sand and that he has two other siblings fostered by his uncle. Unfortunately, his mother had passed away upon giving birth to him and it was sad to know that he never met her.

I told Gaara about how I lived my life in Yukigakure and the story of how I was found outside the village. Contrarily, Gaara shared his life story about his life in Sunagakure so far, explaining to me how he is rejected by many of the villagers who have yet to accept his existence as a Jinchūriki and an implement to the One Tailed Beast, Shukaku. I wholeheartedly pitied him because I could not imagine being in Gaara's place, even if we somewhat lived our lives similarly close. That is one of the reasons why I do not like being a Jinchūriki, simply because life is not easy for us. Villagers often treat us differently from the rest, giving unwanted stares and calling awful names which will later on carry a great impact to our lives.

It was a good thing Gaara and I were the same. I felt reassured, being able to relate with someone for the first time in my life.

We were resting on top of a high roof where the wind perfectly blew in a gentle manner. We were able to see some houses and structures from up here, and I noticed how beautiful the night in the desert was. At daytime, Sunagakure may be a little hot, but at night, it was cool enough that my body adapts to it easily.

I look at Gaara and smile. "Don't worry Gaara," I tell him. "I promise that I'll  always be with you through peaks and troughs, highs and lows, strengths and weakness, no matter what happens." I encourage him with my sincere words of assurance, giving a soft smile.

A huge blush tinted Gaara's cheeks and he smiled widely, "T-Thank you, Rika! You will always be my friend!" He took a hold of my hands, staring deeply into my eyes. Gaara has really beautiful eyes... That was one thing I noticed.

I nodded and finished with a heartfelt smile, "This is a promise, Gaara."

Gaara is a really kind boy. It is almost hard to believe that someone like him is widely despised by many just because he is a Jinchūriki. With all honestly, I believe that just because someone is Jinchūriki, it does not give people the right to treat him/her differently from the rest of the world regardless of the past, present, and future of the Jinchūriki's life. We live in such a cruel world where reality knocks, and unfortunately that is the heart-rending side of it. Gaara and I share the same experiences and encounters because I too am a Jinchūriki myself and I know what his life must have felt like more than anybody else.