Chapter 7 - Departure

Hello my dear Gaara fans!:) I would like to thank you all for reading this far and I deeply appreciate each and everyone's support! Please don't forget to leave a vote and a comment ^-^

❄️Chapter 7❄️

~~Rika~~

I woke up from a long dreamless sleep and waited for my eyes to adjust my surroundings before turning over to look through the window. The sun wasn't up yet, but I could already see the orange tilting the sky, and that signified another day to begin. I rolled out of bed and decided to start my day with a morning shower, since my hair was in a mess after a long sleep and today was going to be a busy day. I headed for the closet and took my clothes, a dry towel, and the other necessities I would need. Without wasting another second, I headed for the bathroom with the things in hand - the bathroom was just across Gaara's room so luckily I found it right away.

As I stood before the bathroom door, I twisted the door knob for me to go in and locked it back as soon as I entered.

I quickly took my T-shirt off but suddenly stopped in complete surprise when I heard Gaara's voice. "Rika..."

In a rush realization, I quickly put my T-shirt on again and looked in front to see Gaara who was fully naked and wet in the shower. My cheeks flushed to the color of red as I saw his presence and I averted my gaze away.

Crap...! I never knew he was using the bathroom!

He covered before I could see, and I turned around to face the other side.

"G-Gaara...! I'm really sorry!" In panic, I embarrassedly apologized as I felt my cheeks heating up. It was just early in the morning and I couldn't believe this was already happening.

I almost saw.

"..." Gaara blushed and looked at me in silence.

What am I still doing here?! I should get out now!

Without hesitation, I quickly opened the bathroom door, closed it back and rushed back inside the room, dropping and leaving my garments and the other things inside the bathroom. I locked myself in the room and instantly dropped on the floor as I hugged my knees, repeating the embarrassing scene inside my head.

I can't believe I almost saw...!

I bit my lower lip and tried to shake it off. How stupid of me! It was partly Gaara's fault for not locking the door properly! My whole life, I have never seen a naked boy before... this day will probably traumatize me for the rest of my life. I can't believe I tried to undress myself in front of... My eyes opened quickly as if another thought popped into my mind.

Did he see me remove my shirt...?

*******

(After 5 minutes of awkwardness)

I was sitting on the floor beside the door, resting my head on the knees when all of the sudden I heard the door knob being twisted, followed by a knock. That made me flinch in surprise. I immediately stood up, took a deep breath and slowly opened the door to come face-to-face with Gaara... who was already dressed, thank goodness.

He looked away as our eyes met, and I could see a little pink forming on both sides of his cheeks. The incident in the bathroom replayed in my head, making me blush slightly. There was a long pause for nearly five awkward seconds until Gaara finally spoke. "I'm done using the bathroom. You can use it now."

"Right... thanks." I responded nervously.

There was another long pause.

Not wanting to let this go any further, I walked passed Gaara in an awkward manner, as if nothing happened, and he did the same too. As soon as I hurriedly entered the bathroom, I immediately locked it and finally sighed in relief.