Chapter 5 - Reunited

This chapter has arrived! Enjoy reading <3

Chapter 5

~~Rika~~

The sun was at its strongest and it was very humid. I was walking alone in the arid desert sands and I couldn't remember the last time I was in the desert. It must have been a very long time ago. I felt very nostalgic as the sand touched my feet - it was a familiar feeling that I used to know. The area was so vast and there was nothing in sight; just plain sand and a few cactus.

After many years, I can finally come home to my village... Sunagakure.

The desert was indeed huge and the horizon was so distant, that they make a person feel small. It has been five years since I left the village. I could not help wondering what had happened during my years of absence, I was nervous and anxious. For five whole years, I have trained very hard to the point where I can finally say that I am a lot stronger than before. I was independent enough to travel alone, and even Bee-Sama thinks so too.

It was all thanks to the Raikage and with the help of his brother that I learned how to control Atsubi, the Ten Tailed Wolf. However, it took me a few years to completely master my Bijū chakra, and it was difficult at first. I came across many obstacles and was able to overcome all of them through hard work and  perseverance. Nonetheless, something unexpected happened and I created a bond that was like no other, and it turned out, Atsubi became my life-time companion. It was all thanks to Bee-Sama, he is the Jinchūriki of Gyūki, and he was one of my mentors who helped me succeed. I always thought it was not possible for humans and Bijū to become allies and partners, but then I was proved wrong and I learned a lot from my very own experience. Until now, it was still hard for me to believe that I made it this far. But, because everyone close to me believed I could, I was able to accomplish an outcome that I have always dreamed of achieving.

It was harder than I imagined it to be, but because of all the uphill battle, I have become a strong Shinobi. I was getting closer to Sunagakure, and finally I could see the walls that belong to the village; it was still the same huge walls I've seen five years ago. As I got closer to the village, the more I felt anxious. And, from that moment, something came into my thoughts.

After many years, I wonder if Gaara and the others still remember be.

I felt my heartbeat get faster as I neared the village - the village that used to be my home.

I breathed in and out and tried to calm myself down as much as possible. I wondered how Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro are doing. Will Kazekage-Sama welcome me back? Many thoughts came into my mind, and I figured that the more I thought, the more anxious I felt. I had second thoughts of turning around, but why would I even do that when I was already so close? I made it this far, and I am going to move forward.

I stopped by the entrance of the village and was greeted by a few guards whom I use to know. They were expecting for my return because a few days ago, Kumogakure had already sent a notifying letter to Sunagakure, announcing my arrival.

"Hey, isn't that Rika...?" One of them says.

"Rika? Woah... it's her!" The other Shinobi guard was surprised, "You've grown a lot... where have you been all this time?"

I greeted and waved at them with a smile, "Just around places. It's nice to be home again, Yaoki-San, Korobi-San." They stared at me in awe as I made my way inside the village.

" They stared at me in awe as I made my way inside the village