Chapter 16 - Menace

Here's the outcome of me trying to create Gaara and Rika ❤︎

Special mentions to:

Anime_Otaku18, Tiffany1490, Juliette131, ChangableFate, Bunny518, and YouAreMine16. Thank you for all the votes or comments you left!

Japanese Vocabulary: Kuchiyose no Jutsu = Summoning Technique

...!

"Gaara!" I quickly alerted him upon taking notice of the sight.

He was fast to take the grasp of it and instantly moved one arm, sending the sand from his gourd to the direction of the boy. Because things escalated in agile no person had the time to react at the scene. With a split second, the sand made a shield and protected the boy from the falling object.

As the substance came to fall on Gaara's sand, I sighed with relief. That was a close one.

If he had not been aware for even just a millisecond, things would have turned upside down. The boy was still lying on the ground, trembling in fear and not knowing he was no longer in danger. I looked at him with concern. A few bystanders had witnessed the scene, and they were all frozen on the spot, appalled of what took place.

The woman who I assumed was the mother of the boy had quickly rushed over to him with a horried expression on her pale face. At the point, I can only imagine what she was feeling at the moment.

"Kotatsu! Kotatsu!" the woman cries out as she makes her way towards her son.

The boy slowly opens his eyes, and upon seeing his mother coming towards him, she kneels down and hugs him close to her chest. "Oh, Kotatsu...!"

"Oi, did you just see what happened?" It was not even a moment later, I heard one of the bystanders say from the crowd.

"That Gaara saved him...!"

"Unbelievable!"

Half of the people gasped in disbelief and from then on mutters were heard everywhere from the distance.

The mother of the boy looked at both Gaara and I with relief in her face, and she slowly stood up and made way towards us with her son by her side.

"G-Gaara." she says calmly. For the first time, instead of fear in her voice, it was replaced with ease. "Thank you... thank you so much for saving my boy." she bowed before him and was followed by a few claps.

I looked around and realized everyone acknowledging Gaara for his action. I was surprised at the moment, and a smile escaped from my lips as I knew they were doing that to thank him for what he's done. Gaara took it by surprise.

For the first time, all the glares and stares have been replaced with ease. And I thought to myself...

Has this day finally come?

~Third Person~

"That's him." says a mysterious figure from above, glaring at the Jinchūriki.

No one would have noticed their presence up there, and he had the perfect view to carry out his motive.

"Hm," yet, another one says, glaring from afar. "I don't think he's going to be an easy one." he recalls, remembering what he knew about Gaara of the Sand.

"You can tell from that gourd he's carrying."

"Aa," he agrees with discreet and carefully observes. "After all, he is no ordinary Jinchūriki."

"So that's the Ultimate Defense."

They had clear plans. They knew what they were about to do.

As Gaara and Rika walked away from the crowd, the man then notices a yellow-haired girl who trailed behind their target.