Chapter 21 - A Jinchūriki's Ability

Gaara stayed close to me as he gave an idea of my vulnerability to the enemy. At the sight of him doing that, it made me remember the time he used to protect me back when we were younger. It was a habit of his, and I can remember feeling embarrassed and guilty every time he rescued me. The purpose of why I left for five years was to become a better Shinobi, and I knew I no longer need to rely on him, knowing what I am already capable of.

This was all pretend.

It was Gaara who only had limited chakra left, and the enemy must have been confused with mine and Gaara's identities by the Swapping Technique that I recently used a while back. It was a very tricky Jutsu that even the most experienced Shinobi can be deceived easily if properly done. Gaara noticed my intention, and he went along with it by keeping an eye on the Shinobi who was still smirking. We are in a risky situation, but if things are to go well, victory will be ours. Gaara's Ultimate Defense has been turned into mud by the other Shinobi, so it will probably take a while for it to regenerate into new sand. Which means, no sand will protect Gaara at this moment. He will need to control the sand by himself with that limited chakra, and it wouldn't be easy. But, he didn't need to do so.

After all, he had me.

Our opponent took a step forward and locked his eyes on me. "When I first saw you, I thought you were special. But, it turned out you're nothing but a weak woman with no power."

"Hmm," I smiled. "I wonder..."

He was not aware of what I carried inside me. It was a good thing I planned this ahead of time - I never would've thought it'd be used at a time like this. Within a millisecond, he sprinted towards me and Gaara. Gaara got out a kunai and held each of it in his hands, and the Shinobi positioned his sword as he tried to slay Gaara with it. He was able to guard using the kunai he was holding, but I didn't know how long he can take with his current state. Now they were facing each other as they battled with strength.

I took a deep breath.

When Gaara and the opponent backed away from each other, Gaara retreated from the spot and nodded to me. I pretended to be weak by standing helplessly as Gaara observed from a higher ground.

The enemy looks at me with amusement. "Oh? Did you see that? That friend of yours just abandoned you. Now you don't stand any chance." He grins wickedly as he neared me.

From the fearful expression that I showed, I suddenly smiled to him and immediately sprinted towards the enemy with full speed. His eyes immediately shot open, and he reacted fast. We were now having a battle between a sword and kunai, and it was easy for me to dodge his attacks.

"You brat...!" He backs off. "Even if your chakra is draining low, how can you still move like that!?" He grit his teeth.

"Ever heard of stamina?" I lied to him and carried on fighting.

"You brats are no match for a Jōnin like me!" He shouts recklessly, and I laugh.

It was my turn to mock this Shinobi.

"You know, old man," I begin as I feel the heat leave my body. "About what you said earlier, I think you might have misunderstood a little something." We shared eye contact, and still he held no clue. "First of all, between Gaara and I, it was his chakra that was draining slowly. Second, this was a set up. Maybe the reason why you mistook Gaara's chakra with mine was because..." Slow motion hit us both when I jumped high from the ground, and I stared at him intensely from above until my eyes shifted from soft scarlet to sharp gray.

"Gaara and I are both Jinchūriki." His eyes widened in horror as I was attacking from above, and I instantly hit him with full force as I sent him flying into the distance.

Because of the impact upon his landing, dusty smoke from the dirt flew everywhere and he could not stand up. I instantly transferred to his location with brisk speed, and I looked at him beneath, already in my Bijū mode chakra.

His eyes dilated. "Y-You're..."

"The holder of the Ten Tails."

I complete his sentence and finally end the battle.