You see that thing in your hands? I want it, its mine, give it to me.

r/entitledparents

u/AnsleyStar

Characters- PM: Pie Mom, PK: Pie Kid, CE: Calm Employee.

So, around Thanksgiving, I decided that I wanted to make a pie for my mom and bring it to thanksgiving dinner. My mom has Celiac, so she typically misses out on the pies since she doesn't want to make everyone eat gluten-free crusts when they don't have to (even though they really aren't that bad). However, since I'm a procrastinating hoe, I waited until wednesday night to even go to the grocery store to buy what I needed. I managed to snag the last gluten free pie crust they had, which was great because I really didn't want to hand make it. Cue the entitlement.

PM: Walks up to me and holds out hand.

Me: Is a dumb bitch and thinks she's asking for a high five, so i high five her.

PM: What are you doing?? I need the pie crust!

Me: Oh! Sorry! It looks like they're out, maybe you can ask somebody-

PM: interrupts me I know they're out, that's why I need THAT one. Points to the one i'm holding.

Me: Chuckles nervously Hahaha, yeah sorry, I need this too.

PM: I need it for my daughter! She can't have gluten!

I then see a preteen standing behind her, glaring at me like i'm somehow at fault. I didn't like preteens when I was a preteen and I especially don't like them now, but that's neither here nor there.

Me: I'm sorry, that's so rough! My mom has Celiac too, she can't have-

PK: I don't know what Celiac is. But my mom needs the pie crust to make me my pumpkin pie!

PM: That's right. Besides, you clearly don't need to be eating any pie, sweetie.

I bite back a very, very rude reply and just put the crust in my cart and walk away. I thought the ordeal would be over but of course not, that would be too easy.

PM: Storms up to me with an implacable looking employee in tow That is her!

CE: Ma'am, this woman says you took her pie crust from her?

PM: That's right! I was holding it and she just ripped it out of my hands and ran away!

Me: Okay, well that never happened. I got to the pie crust first and she just wanted it for herself.

PK: No, that's not true, I saw you do it!

Me: Ready to get into it with this 12 year old girl I did NOT, sorry that your mom is too fucking-

PM: SEE?! She's cussing in front of my child!

CE: Holds up hand to shut the mom up we can figure this out. We have security cameras that show the aisle in question. If what you're saying is true, we can easily prove it. If you would come with me, well figure this out.

PM: Looking like a deer in headlights well, you know, those things aren't always accurate!

Me: Sorry, what? A security camera isn't always accurate?

PM: I mean, it's not even... It's about... It's the principle of the thing! I said she stole it, I should get it back!

CE: Ma'am, as manager, I have to do my due diligence to figure out what happened. I will be happy to return the crust to you if it turns out that what you're saying is true. But this woman says that it isn't true. Why would I believe one person over another, especially when I can use video evidence to find the solution?

PM: What happened to the customer is always right?! Starts to storm away I'm never, EVER, coming back here if this is how you treat your customers! Come on, EK, looks like you'll have to wait until NEXT YEAR for your pie!

Both the employees and I wait until the woman is gone.

Me: I really didn't take it from her, you know.

CE: I know. She's been a pain since she started coming here. There's a warning about her in the break room.