EP yella at me for bending over to pick up a pair of glasses on the floor

r/entitledparents

u/Thatlilone

I am an optician.

This happened a few minutes ago and I'm still laughing about it.

EP looked like a single dad, wrangling his two boys; they looked about 5 and 8, I'm not sure.

I was helping another patient AKA L for lady, pick out some new frames, and she knocked one to the ground. I bend over and pick them up.

EP: Hey that's inappropriate!

Me: Excuse me?

EP: You can't do that!

Me: Sorry sir, were you needing help with something? *super confused*.

EP: You just bent over and showed your ass to everyone in the waiting room!

((Sidenote: I am wearing khaki pants and a blouse. Basic office wear))

Me: iI just picked up some glasses...

EP: You should have knelt down to grab them! You're giving my sons the wrong idea.

L: Sir can you not.

EP: SHE'S BEING A HUSSY!

L: She picked up a pair of glasses because I have a hard time bending over! If I could pick things from the ground like her I would too!

EP: NEVER DO THAT AGAIN DO YOU HEAR ME?!

Me: Okay... Sorry you were offended that I picked up some glasses.

EP: Ugh I am going to REPORT YOU to the doctor!

Me: Alright, here's my business card so you can have my name and contact information.

EP: You think that now you're being nice I won't do it?

Me: No, you do what you feel is best.

L: Just leave us alone. You need to focus on your children.

EP: Don't tell me how to raise my kids!

L: Well they're licking the windows right now so...

EP: KID 1! KID 2! GET BACK HERE!