Chapter 2: Gab On TV

She scratched her head timidly, then sat on her favorite rocking chair and turned on the TV. She was completely lost by the sudden change of her taste. She was fond of watching Fashion TV but now, it turned out to be ESPN. She didn’t know why she stopped there but she felt a sudden interest to soccer.

Gab’s favorite game, she thought, smiling bitterly.
Philippines won over US with the score of 12-3. Then, there’s an interview for the team Philippines. But the one who caught her attention was Chris Evans’ look-alike guy which makes her drool and unexpectedly, she dreamily smiled at the TV screen. She sat still, stoned-face, leveling a death-ray glance at the guy on TV. His voice is manly and suave, which she was expecting from him. He had coal black eyes which she thinks girls can be easily hypnotized with it. He grabbed the microphone and grinned charmingly in front of the camera.

“Hi! My name is Gab,” he introduced himself.

Oh great, his name was Gab. What a coincidence, she thought again, her smile fades.

“How does it feel when you won the MVP of the year?” the petite reporter asked him.

“Well, thank God!” he rejoiced as his team mates joined to howl at their success. “Uhm.. it’s kinda embarrassing though… can I just… never mind.”

“Go on, what is it?” the reporter insisted.

“Can I greet someone? I just want to thank her at this moment,” he shyly asked as the reporter nodded. Shin laughed at his blushing face.

“Her? Ooh, okay, I guess you want to greet someone special, right?” the reporter teased.

His cheeks blushed once more. “Uh, yeah… hi, to Rachelle “Shin” Go… hey, I haven’t heard of you in 10 long years… I’m still hoping to see you one day. I really like you.”
She gasped and she felt reddened. Now she knows why she is unintentionally attracted to that guy. She closed her eyes and decided to stop thinking about that but the slow process of her dimwitted brain reminded her the guy she saw on TV. It also happens that Gab, the soccer boy, has been calling her name. The next she did is that she turned off the TV and lied on her bed as she grabbed her diary and wrote something on it.

Dear Diary,
Gosh. Is this me? Gab is back and he is haunting me again --- on TV! Ohmigosh! Maybe… I should turn off the TV all the time so that I won’t see him again… well, it’s my fault anyway. I should not FLIRT with him at the first place. Did he just say he likes me to? Am I glad, frustrated or --- whatever. I panicked a lot… damnit! I should not be.
*Panic mode.
Wait, Rachelle “Shin” Go it’s not like I’m the only girl who had the name Shin Go, right??
What about his girlfriend? Oh well, maybe --- or confirmed --- they broke up.
XOXO,
Shin Go

Confusing thoughts brought her mind jungling and rumbling. These thoughts seem to be so much more terrible than making research and data analysis in her presentation at work. She can feel her stomach gave her a funny jolt. She walked across the room, then leaned on the sill, the cool morning felt pleasant on her face. Then, she walked again to her bed.