sᴘɪɴᴇʟ ⬊ ʜᴇʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ

╔═══════ ✰༄ ═══════╗

requested by: @Lapisbluegirl
human! reader, no gender specified
some lime at the end that i'm not proud of but too lazy to change

╚═══════ ✰༄ ═══════╝

i'll make a long story short - spinel had been left by pink diamond to stay in her garden for about 6000 years, and when she saw the broadcast the other diamonds transmitted to introduce steven, she turned and came to earth to kill him, the gems, and everyone else.

she brought this machine to pump this venomous stuff into the earth to kill it, and events led to the gems 'restarting', along with spinel herself. steven had to try and bring back the gems by reminding them of special things, and one by one, he succeeded. he also brought spinel back.

it wasn't too late, but a misunderstanding made her hate us again and fight steven as the venom began to spread out of hand. steven won, in the end, reminding spinel of the good someone can choose and be. after much time, and lots of help, everyone was able to renew the area and build back up.

and spinel, she went with blue, yellow, and white - her being pinks play buddy, she reminded them so much of her. they gave up on steven and took her.

and me.

yes, though i'm human, i couldn't stay on earth. my only family on the other side of the world, so i found that helpful for my reasons to go - that, and spinel requested for me to go with her. i couldn't say no to her face.

_ two months later _

i sat cross legged on the bed provided for me in mine and spinels shared room, humming lightly as i let my mind focus only on the little puzzle set up before me on the small table.

it was a nice pass time, i like how i can distract myself from being alone while the diamonds hog my girlfriend. yeah, spinel and i are dating now - if barely seeing each other now because one is hogged to remind the diamonds about a certain dead pink someone can be called dating.

i just miss her, but i can't let that get me down. they let her see me at least a small amount of times throughout the day, and i see her at night when they allow her to talk with me before i go to bed.

speaking of bed, i could feel drowsiness take over me a bit, and i stretch my arms above my head as a yawn leaves my mouth.

as i do so, the door to the room opens, and in walks a tired looking spinel. i smile, and stand to walk over and give her a hug - her arm stops me, stretching from her spot on the wall by the door to me, keeping me back. "are you okay, nel?" i ask in a light voice, and i can see her shake her head.

"no. i'm.. yeah, no i'm fine." she sends me a smile, but the bags under her eyes and a hint of sadness in her eyes tells me otherwise. "they're pushing you too hard love." i let my hands wrap around hers, pulling it from my chest so i can walk forward.

"no, it's okay! i make them happy, i like that i can make them smile like pink did." spinel speaks again, her eyes looking at mine with an intensity that shows she wants me to believe what she's saying." you can't let them do this to you. you want to make them happy, but you have to care for yourself too."

i continue walking, letting my face hold a calm and loving smile so she knows more that i'm speaking the truth. "please, tell them. tell them you need a break to rest and take time for yourself."

'take time for me,'

"i can't. ( name ) , it'll make them feel bad . i need to keep them hap - "

finally, i'm in front of her. my hands cup her cheeks quickly and turn it so instead of her gazing at the ground, her eyes are fixated with mine. "stop talking. please, no excuses. i only want the best for you, and you know that." i muttered, and i can feel her nod at my words.

"i don't care what the diamonds say, you're taking a break." i say, yet don't move from my spot.

i find myself getting lost in her eyes, no matter the bags underneath them. slowly, even thought i feel as if i'm not doing it, i lean in - and the fact our lips connect in such a short time shows she was doing the same.

my hands stay on her cheeks, my thumbs rubbing the skin softly as i could feel her own hands stretch and wrap around both my torso and waist lightly. her hands move to play with the strands of my hair, and i don't object to the light tugging she does.

i feel my heart racing - from both my slowly building excitement to finally have her to myself again, and from finally being relieved of my touch starvation.

our lips fit together like puzzle pieces.

our slow movements of our slow kiss pick up pace, and my knees buckle from time to time from the feelings flowing through me - happiness, excitement, passion between the two of us.

soft noises and tiny gasps escape from our lips as our tongues slip into each other's mouths and entangle - seeming to fight for dominance that neither of us really want. it wasn't about dominance for me, it was about showing her how much i love her no matter if she's with me or not.

finally, we take steps backwards from the wall, arms still around each other until the back of my knees hit the edge of my bed, and we fall back onto the sheets. we let out a small laugh as we separate to catch our breaths.

our foreheads connected, and our eyes fixated on each other's. i giggle as the pink of her face gets darker, and i lean upwards to place trail after trail on the tear streaks imprinted in her cheeks. "don't forget,"

"don't forget what?" she asked, her head tilting lightly. i only shake my head, and connect our lips once again.

"i love you."