sᴘɪɴᴇʟ ⬊ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴ (2)

╔═══════ ✰༄ ═══════╗

requested by: n/a
diamond!reader, female
nothing but cute shit here

╚═══════ ✰༄ ═══════╝

"we.. we fused!"

it was a whole new sensation for the two. two gems collided together through love and affection to make a single form to show how powerful their connection is. it was amazing to think about.

it was even better to feel. though, from the sudden and overwhelming sensation of it, the two freaked out and separated; falling onto the floor below and letting out a few pained groans. "spinel.." the morganite was the first to break the silence, though it only continued after.

looking around, everything was the same as it was before. nothing it of place, nothing missing and nothing added to the wasteland of dead grass and flowers past their lifetime finish.

it was a quick experience - nonetheless it was an amazing one. ( name ) stood up with a hum, spinning in her place as laughs began to leave her lips. she spun and spun until she was too dizzy to even stand.

she plopped down next to spinel, who was wide eyed and staring at the foot prints in the grass that didn't match hers nor ( names ) . "was that made by us?" she asked, stretching forward to poke at the footprints.

a sigh left the others lips as she too joined in the poking of the footprints. they examined them for a while, before turning their heads to look at the other. "i didn't think that fusion was possible. i never saw it in homeworld, and i haven't seen it in the other gems that pink has brought around us." spinel explained.

"it can happen, but only through special circumstances." ( name ) explained without hesitation. "does that mean we had special circumstances with each other?" spinel piped up, her eyes swelling with hope that they did.

she only got a nod in response, and a laugh finally left her lips. "that's so good to hear. especially at a time like this." spinel muttered the last part, but ( name ) caught it nonetheless.

"hey. why don't we try it again?"

_ skip _

" ( name ) !" a fluffy haired boy called out, attempting to gain the attention of the gem that was on the other side of the room. his attempts worked well as she turned around and waved at him with a big smile.

"it's time!" he mouthed towards her, his hand pointing to the stage that sat on the beach in front of the crowd of gem and human filled chairs. she nodded and excused herself from the bugging human who was always skeptical of things of gems and such.

steven ran up first, grabbing the mic and tapping on it a few times to gain everyone's attention. "hello! thank you all for coming out to this event of ours. well, this event of ( name ) and spinel." he began, looking out towards the crowd.

said gem began making her way up the steps, a moment of shouts and applause sounded out as she waved towards them. "i'll give ( name ) the mic, but please have your attention remain on her and what she's about to say."

a soft feedback sound echoed through the speakers, but it ceased quickly. "alright! hello everyone, as steven said; thank you for coming out here! i honestly appreciate it so so much." she spoke, gaining smiles and nods.

her eyes went to the side to look at steven, who gave her a thumbs up. "some of you have been to one of these before. the lovely garnet over there having the first one this wonderful city has ever seen. i sadly wasn't there to attend it, but i'm sure it was beautiful." the smile on garnets lips widened, and a few calls of 'woo's filled the air.

a laugh came from her own lips as she continued. "now, ours won't be as long. something quick to help show publicly how much the connection between us means to both of us. it won't take long, but the after party will!" she received more 'woo's and laughs from the gems and humans that planned to go, which was mostly everyone there.

she placed the mic back onto the stand and let her hands move down to smooth out the little get up she was in. she looked down the little aisle between the two side by side assortment of chairs in which spinel would come down, a smile on her face the whole time.

the crystal gems hopped on stage, little outfits of their own being shown off as they stood tall and proud. steven to , he was holding the little bouquet made of roses and sunflowers. a weird combination , but it contained the pairs favorite flowers.

a small tune began playing through the speakers, showing it was time for spinel to come down. it wasn't long until she reached the stage and stood beside ( name ) , as she practically ran down the isle.

her face held so much excitement that everyone had brushed it off, their faces beaming with happiness.

" spinel - " ( name ) began, only to be cut off with spinel taking her hand, placing the little ring on it, and holding her hand out to have hers placed on. she chuckled, placing the matching ring on her finger with no hesitation.

cheers came from the crowd as the two collided, their lips meeting and their hands connecting so they could stay together as they began spinning.

it was a nice sight to look at, the two gems laughing and smiling as they span around, once in a while lifting the other up.

steven looked as happy as a proud parent, pearl and amethyst looking at the scene in wonder, and garnet; she just stood with a smile on her face, knowing these two have something special.

their little dance of sorts ended with spinel taking one of ( names ) legs tightly, holding it to her waist as she dipped her - their foreheads resting against each other.

a large, blinding light shone across the beach area, and the two emerged from it as one. people looked on in awe at the gem that stood taller than garnet. their colors vibrant, yet mixing together well.

the two pairs of arms clasped together, as the two eyes that lined up vertically lifted with their toothy grin. "alright alright! let's get this party started!"

the fusion grabbed the bouquet from steven and tossed it into the crowd, who seemed to clamor as they attempted to get it.

in the end, it was nana who had caught it, and it was that same day the pair had looked back onto that faithful day in the garden.