Chapter 5: Calm Down

Y/n rushed into the Potions classroom, a huge grin on her face. The class paused their chatter to look over at her. Draco and his little group began to snicker at the death glare Snape was sending her way.

"Guess what?! I'm gonna be in a freakin' news paper!" Y/n announced, punching the air in front of her. "I knew this stupid tournament was worth it!" Snape rubbed his temples.

"just...sit down y/l/n."

"call me y/n, and aren't you excited for me? If I get famous enough from this crap I won't even have to finish school and you won't need to deal with me anymore." Snape rolled his eyes.

"go sit next to Mr. Malfoy. You two will be partners for the rest of the year..." Snape's eyes flashed with a cold amusement while y/n stared at him in shock.

"Why....why do you do this? Who hurt you!"

Y/n and Draco both stared forward with crossed arms, their faces blank. They were supposed to be making a healing potion but both refused to be the one to initiate conversation.

Snape glided towards the two, his dark eyes rolling when he saw they hadn't touched their ingredients.

"You two! Get to work! Do you want more detention y/l/n?" Y/n blinked, looking at Snape.

"Its y/n and why the fuck aren't you punishing Mr. Albino here?" Draco scoffed, turning to stare at y/n.

"At least I know my heritage. I heard you were dropped off at an orphanage with a note." He scoffed. Snape opened his mouth to scold the two out y/n put up her hand, shushing him.

"Tell me Malfoy, if your parents get divorced are they still brother and sister?" Snickers ripped through the class as Draco snarled.

"My father will hear about this!!"

"It should be easy with his third ear from all the insest going down in your house." Snape slammed his hands down on the desk in front of the two, shocking them into silence.

"Get to work or its detention for both of you! Y/n, ten points from Gryffindor for your rude behavior!" Y/n stared at Snape, her face emotionless until a glowing grin appeared.

"You called me y/n!!"

"Don't do that yet you idiot!!"

"you're the one stirring counterclockwise you dumbass!"

"you put to many slugs in!!"

"If you touch that again I'll rip your fingers off!"

"Don't touch that!"

"eat my big, fat, ass-"

"Wait...we did it." Y/n and Draco has been yelling and bickering none stop but their argument came to a complete stop when they realized that their potion was simmering calmly, the perfect soft green that was described in the book.

"Ugh...are we kinda good at this?" Y/n asked, rubbing the back of her neck as she peered down at the potion.

"Hmm..." mumbled Draco, not being able to bring himself to agree with her.

"Oh, by the way. I won't rat you out if you and Pansy decided to get nasty after hours again. I didn't tell last time or anything." Y/n said, turning her attention back to the blonde Slytherin.

"Ugh. I am never doing that again. She was moaning like a sick cat the whole time." Scowled Draco, shaking his head and causing a piece of his combed hair to fall of her forehead. Y/n snorted, grinned ear to ear.

"I was wondering if you noticed that." She said, amusement laced in her tone. Draco smirked, his blue eyes scanning y/n.

"She also uses way to much tongue." Y/n laughed, covering her mouth while flashing her eye over to the girl across the room for the two.