Chapter 6: Hide It Away

y/n and Cedric spent so much time messing around in the prefects bathroom that the sun had set and they both looked old and wrinkly from the water soaking into their skin.

After getting out of the bath, y/n bid Cedric goodbye before sneaking to her dorm and slipping into her bed silently. All the Gryffindor's were already asleep so they didn't question her absence, which was a very good thing. It would be hard to explain that she had been taking a bath with a boy without things going south.

Y/n woke up the next day feeling like a goddess. Her hair was freakily soft and her skin practically glowed. It seemed that the prefect bath had some magic properties that really, really worked.

Y/n got dressed, bounding down the stairs to the common room, her smile wide and more energy than she usually had in the mornings. The people already awake turned to see who was so excited so early in the morning, and were all shocked to see y/n.

"Yo! Wassup ya'll?" Y/n's asked, grinning ear to ear.

"Y/n!"

"we have something to tell you-"

"in privet." Said two voices, finishing each other's sentences. Y/n turned to gaze at Fred and George, who looked eerily serious.

"Ugh, Okay. This better not be some sort of prank by the way." She warned. Fred took y/n's hand, dragging her out of the common room and to an empty classroom away from and unwanted listeners.

The two shut the door behind themselves, making sure it was locked before putting a curse on the surrounding area so if anyone came near the group they wouldn't be able to hear their conversation.

Y/n watched them in confusion, her happy attitude falling and becoming replaced with a small frown of worry.

"Hey guys, you're starting to freak me out. What's wrong? Did someone do something to you? I'll beat them up if that's what you want-"

"y/n, we know what the first task is going to be." Interrupted George. Y/n blinked in surprise.

"Really? Wait, am I supposed to know?" Fred and George looked at each other before looking back at y/n.

"No. But, we know that every other contestant knows already."

"And the task is only in two weeks so we thought it was only fair you knew too." Said the Twins. Y/n stared at them in silence, her mind racing.

"Even Harry?" She murmured.

"He just found out yesterday, along with Cedric. I'm sure they'll both try and tell you soon enough." Said Fred, waving his hand dismissively.

"so, What is it?" Y/n asked, leaning towards them, excitement covering her fear. George began to grin ear to ear while Fred smirked.

"Dragons." There was silence in the room before y/n began to curse like a sailor.

"What?! Holy fucking nut sacks!!! Dragons?!! I can't tell is I'm supposed to be fucking amazed or terrified!!" Fred and George grinned at her reaction.

"You're going to have to get past the dragon and get its egg." Warned George.

"So you're going have to fight a bloody dragon." Said Fred, eyeing y/n.

The girl stopped pacing, standing up straight before she turned to face the two boys, the morning light lighting up her face. Y/n had a cold glint in her eyes that was revealed on very few occasions, but there it was. The dark and untainted flare of determination made her lopsided smirk only that much more intimidating.

"I got this." She said, ideas flying around inside her head. Fred and George smiled at her, their hearts oddly loud.

"Well, we actually had an idea to help you."