Chapter 13: Bi Bi Bi

Y/n shuffled to the edge of the peer, her arms wrapped tightly around the towel covering her body. It was cold out and everyone was standing around the black lake, waiting for the second task to begin.

y/n was fully prepared for the task. She had cast the underwater breathing spell and had her wand at the ready to do the transfiguration to change her body into that of a fish. The only thing she was at all worried about was the fact that it was practically freezing outside and she had no clue what had been taken from her.

y/n dropped her towel, revealing her bathing suit underneath. It was a classic bathing suit, colored a dark blue that looked black because of the clouds blocking the sun. Stretching, y/n glanced to the side to see the other four champions arriving.

y/n smiled, waving to Harry and Cedric. The two boys suddenly turned a bright red, both stumbling on their way across the wooden dock.

"hey boys! Y'all ready to get hypothermia?" Y/n asked, edging towards the edge of the dock and dipping her toe in the water. Cedric smiled, his blush fading a little as he got his wits back together.

"ready as I'll ever be. So, do you happen to know what was taken? I double checked everything in my dorm." Cedric said, dropping his towel to reveal his yellow and black tank top and swim trunks.

"I have no clue. I didn't even bring anything precious here!" Y/n exclaimed, crossing her arms. Harry butted into the conversation.

"I haven seen anything go missing either. How do you think we'll even find anything under the water?" He asked. Y/n smirked, twirling her wand.

"I don't know about you boys, but the second I heard that little message from the egg I set everything up. I could be dumped in the middle of the Atlantic and be fine." Y/n bragged, winking. Harry chuckled, rolling his eyes a little.

"are you ready?" Turning around, the champions faced Dumbledore. The elderly man was smiling, a twinkle of excitement in his eyes.

"aye Dumbledore, when are you gonna tell me if I'm in this school or not?" Y/n asked. Dumbledore smiled, wagging his finger.

"be patient y/n. First you have to finish this task." He said. Y/n pouted, looking away.

"Dumble-dork." She whispered, making Cedric almost snort. Dumbledore turned away from the group.

"I may be old y/n, but I can hear perfectly fine."

the whole school was finally out in the stands and the judges were ready. Dumbledore was giving a small speech to the audience while the Champions got ready.

y/n bent down, placing her hands on either side of her. Gazing forward she let a long breath out, the air leaving her lungs turning into mist in the freezing air. Gazing out into the lake, y/n's y/c/e eyes narrowed.

the murky waters swirled, but something stood out in the black. A figure rippled under the surface of the water, gazing up at her. It looked almost human, with arms and a torso, even hair.

tilting her head, y/n opened her mouth, mouthing 'hi' and waving her hand. The creature moved, floating closer up to the surface. Y/n could finally make out what it was.

a young mer-man floated before her. He looked more fish than human, with faint scales decorating his skin and a long tail where his legs should be. His hair was long, and looked like some kind of underwater plant.

The mer-man slowly raised his hand up, his webbed fingers copying her wave. Y/n grinned, but her little moment was ruined when she heard the crowd scream and a loud horn sound.