What Happened To Lexie?

Chapter 10

Meredith's POV

       Part of me is relieved that I told Mark about Lexie's condition so that he's aware of it and the other part of me feels like I've blurted out a personal secret of Lexie's. I know that Lexie's home right now so I decide that I'm going to head over to her place for a little while since I'm not on call tonight.  I grab my belongings from the attending's lounge and head to the parking lot. Once in the parking lot, I start up my car and head to Mark and Lexie's house, which is only about a 5 minute drive. 

5 minutes later....

        I'm about to pull in into the driveway of the house when I spot an ambulance carrying out a girl on stretcher. At first, I assume that maybe it's a neighbor that came over to visit Lexie, but I'm not sure. I get out of my car and get a closer look. When I get close enough, I notice that the girl on the stretcher is Lexie, an unconscious Lexie. I run to the paramedics and stay close to Lexie. I turn to a female paramedic. "What happened? Why does my sister have to go to the hospital?" The paramedic shakes my hand. "First of all, I'd like to tell you that I have a name and that my name is Rebecca. Second of all, a neighbor of your sister's dialed 911 for your sister. The neighbor came over to the house when she heard loud noises followed by some screaming. Your sister was found lying on the kitchen floor puking and also attempting to slit her wrists. She lost so much blood that by the time we got here, we found her unconscious. Anyways, I can't stay and talk because she needs to get to the hospital now." 

        "Which hospital are going to bring her to?" I ask. "Seattle Press. Why?" "Well, I'm an attending surgeon and I work at Seattle Grace. Can you bring her there instead?" Rebecca nods. "Thank you." She puts her hand on my shoulder. "You're welcome. Would you like to ride with her in the ambulence?" I nod and she gives me a small smile. Throughout the whole ride, two questions come to mind. One, why did Lexie attempt at self harm? Two, should I tell Mark about this or keep it a secret until I find out more information about this? Mark is bad enough condition and it's only going to get worse once he finds out about Lexie. I hold my head in my hands and try to stop the tears that are currently building up. 

Hope you guys liked this chapter. :) -Mary