Progress

Progress

Chapter 19

Lexie's POV

        I'm honestly so proud of Mark. Meredith came by earlier and told me that Mark got discharged this morning. Even though he still he hasn't healed fully, he'll be able to get back to work in two weeks. I miss Mark. I haven't seen him since the accident and I was planning on calling him to get him to come back. I have his number dialed when all of the sudden Mark appears in the doorway. A smile spreads across my face. He runs over to me and lifts me off of my bed and spins me around in circles. I giggle like a school girl and he kisses my stomach. 

        I run my fingers through his hair and across his unshaven, but sexy face. "Mark. I've missed you so much." A single tear falls down my cheek. Mark places a hand to my face and wipes it away. "Lexie, I don't even think you will ever know how much I missed you. Spending weeks on end in that hospital bed was the most miserable period of my life. I love you so much and I hope that I never have to be separated from you for that long ever again. I'm almost done overcoming my obstacles and now I'm here to help you overcome yours." I grab Mark and kiss him on the lips. I kiss him with a force so strong that not even Hercules has the power to tear us apart.

        After what feels like hours, Mark and I pull apart from one another. He pulls a chair and sits down beside me. "So Lexie, I heard you've been eating more and going to therapy even. That's amazing progess." I nod at him. "I'm trying to do better. I haven't even thought about starving myself or cutting in weeks. I think I'm finally starting to love myself." I notice tears in Mark's eyes. "Aw Mark, why are you crying?" He quickly wipes his tears on the sleeve of his shirt. "I'm crying because I'm so proud of you Lexie and I know that soon enough, you'll be free from being a pysch patient. Then, we can both be back at work and go home together every night." I start to cry myself, but I smile through my tears. "I wouldn't want to have it any other way Mark."

Hope you guys liked this chapter. :) -Mary