έντεκα

Y/N woke up naked, next to Rosé. She got up, heading straight to the bathroom. There were hickies trailing down her neck, which made her smile about last night. It was amazing. Rosé was a fast learner, and they took the motions really slow. It was still a blur to Y/N, though. One she desperately wanted to relive.

Y/N was snapped out of her trance by her rumbling stomach. She put on a tank top and some sweatpants. She headed to the kitchen, popping some bread in the toaster oven. She warmed up some apple cider, and began to cut some strawberries. The toaster oven dinged, and she spread some Nutella before adding the strawberries. Labros came over, wanting a piece of bread. Y/N gave in and let her have a small crumb. She wagged her tail in appreciation.

Rosé walked into the kitchen, petting Labros and giving her a kiss. She walked up to Y/N, hugging her from behind.

"Y/N, I am so sorry." Rosé apologized, giving her a big bear hug.

"What? No, don't worry. It was your first time-"

"No, I scratched your back." She laughed, trailing her fingers along the lines. "I hope you had an itch."

Y/N laughed back, turning around and pressing her lips to the demigod's.

"Champagne, I fucking love you." She whispered. "But now I have to wear a turtleneck."

Rosé grabbed a piece of toast to eat, as Y/N went to open the blinds. She was surprised to see that the sky was still a dark blue outside.

"Do you know what time it is?" Y/N asked.

"According to your phone, it's is one-zero-three-zero!" Rosé delightfully said back, even though she knew she was just pronouncing it wrong at this point to tease Y/N.

"It's dark outside like this at 10:30?" Y/N wondered. "I'm going downstairs. Something doesn't seem right."

"I'll come-"

"NO. Stay here with Labros."

Y/N grabbed her sword, which Rosé affectionately named "Sunflower", and ran down the fire escape to investigate the streets. She saw that the streets were totally empty- no cars driving at all, nobody walking anywhere. Were they just as scared as she was?

"ANAVO, great Apollo!" Y/N shouted, watching the blade extend. "Big guy, you wanna tell me what's going on?"

A glow appeared, shining down on Y/N. She looked up, hoping for it to be the Sun God. But, it was Ryujin with glowing white skin, She landed calmly in front of Y/N. She wore a necklace, engraved with the man in the moon. It glowed too, if not even brighter.

"What did you do?" Y/N asked. "ANSWER ME!"

"I took my sister's powers." Ryujin answered. "Not like she was using them. And it's clear that I'm not gonna defeat you while Rosé is around."

"How did you- that's impossible..." Y/N thought out loud. "Ryujin, this isn't a game anymore."

Ryujin drew her katanas from their sheaths, making Y/N stagger back and grip her sword. Hades's daughter smirked.

"You killed her." Y/N deduced.

"I killed her soul." Ryujin stated. "She's probably still alive, just can't remember anything."

Y/N tried to run away, but Ryujin summoned a pack of shadows to wrap around her. Y/N couldn't feel her arms as they were wrapped to her sides. But she kept her grip on Sunflower, no matter what.

"You didn't fall in love with me." Ryujin whispered, brushing the hair out of Y/N's eyes. "You feel in love with what you wanted to see."

"Are you serious?" Y/N shouted. "We were kids! And you expected me to be the way I am now? I grew up. You made a mistake, and you broke my heart. I didn't fall in love with you, I was just there when you needed somebody. And you know what? Maybe that's what love is."

"What are you talking about?" Ryujin got angrier, making the shadows tighten around Y/N.

"I don't see Hades here comforting you." Y/N revealed.

Ryujin began to yell; It was an unearthly sound. Y/N was starting to lose feeling in her arms, until her blade began to glow. She was amazed, and managed to swing the sword among the shadows. She decapitated them, and broke free from their grasp.

"That is ENOUGH!" A lightning bolt struck down. Rosé appeared in the aftershock, walking forward as rain poured down. Her hair was turning wet, and her clothes were soaked. "You shall leave this place, and bring the sun back."

"Cute." Ryujin laughed, running towards Rosé with her katanas. Rosé used her lightning bolts to blast her to the other side of the road, crashing into a wall. Ryujin got up, and looked up at the daughter of Zeus.

"I have heard everything." Rosé shouted. "How dare you take away Melinoe's powers?"

"You think you were the only outcast?" Ryujin teared up. "My siblings treat me like I'm a goddamn nymph! I didn't get to fight, I just had to decide if a mortal deserved to live. Do you know what that does to somebody?"

"STOP!" Y/N pointed to the sky. The moon went from being eclipsed to a totally full moon gradually. Water began to flood the streets, due to the moon's volatile behavior. Y/N approached Ryujin and began to strike, but she blocked it. The two struggled for an upper hand as the water level in the streets began to rise.

Ryujin began to cry. She fell down on her knees and begged for forgiveness. She had realized that she has made a mistake. Y/N's sword wavered, watching as the water began to fill up the streets more. But Ryujin wasn't moving. She was waiting to drown. She had given up.

"Do it!" Rosé exclaimed. "What are you waiting for?"

Y/N grabbed Ryujin's necklace and ripped the chain off. The water halted, and began to drizzle down the sewers.

"You should've killed me." Ryujin said through gritted teeth.

"I could never." Y/N dropped down in front of her, handing her the necklace. "I loved you. Now, I think you need to go back to your dad. He's probably worried sick."

"He's not-"

"He just does not know how to use his emotions." Rosé approached the two. "Take it from me."

Ryujin came over to her cousin, extending her arm until her skin kept getting brighter. Her eyes expressed a great level of fear, but she simply smiled. They watched as she faded away, not knowing where she was going.

"Shit." was all Y/N could say. Rosé was also disappointed in herself. She didn't know if she was fighting Y/N's evil ex or her poor cousin. Maybe they were the same person.

Rosé and Y/N returned back into the house, looking a bit disgruntled from what had just occurred.

"Where did she go?" Y/N asked, scared about what kind of answer she was going to get.

"I don't know." Rosé sighed. "I feel like this is all my fault."

Y/N and her were splayed out on the couch, cuddling each other. Y/N turned her cheek towards her face.

"You know," Y/N suggested. "Someone would know how to get to the Underworld."

"You WILLINGLY would like to go to the Underworld?" Rosé thought it was a joke.

"Yeah! It could be fun." Y/N offered.

"Ryujin broke your heart, did she not?" Rosé got up, trying to understand.

"Well, she did." Y/N nodded. "But she brought me to you. Sometimes life does this thing where it redirects us to somewhere we're supposed to be. And now, my life is about having you in it. But I'm not going to watch her get...expelled, or whatever the gods want to do to her. Being a hero means doing the right thing even when it's difficult. And the gods love their heroes, don't they?"

"I don't think they call us heroes."

"Can't we be our own heroes?" Y/N asked. "After all, we deserve it."

How right and wrong Y/N and Rosé were.