Ch 7 - The Books

Now to do book reports on top of school work, summoning requests, co-heading the Gremory duties with Akeno, and now these big assignments from Zeoticus. You can't make this up.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

You got home with plenty of time for the afternoon. Teleporting back to your room with Zeo and Sirzechs. Rias was happy to see you with Grayfia surprised you're back so soon.

"Did he really find all of them?" Asked Grayfia.

"That he did." Nodded Sirzechs. "Stsy here until the evening. Let's get him a head start. With all the work he will have this week he could use it.

"Alright. Goodbye. See you two at the castle." She smiled. Everyone watched the two men teleport back out of there leaving just the three of you. "So how did you figure it out?" Grayfia asked.

"The first two you think of the category or genre before you go in the alphabetical order. Then when you think of the third book which isn't in order, I had thoughts. It was religion, possibly fiction, and yet, that's not the the kind of thing someone does in a library. He wouldn't throw it in a random place. Once he said I passed it I had to look in his desk. Now to read these and do a book report on all of them. I have two weeks."

"Two weeks?" Gasped Rias.

"Which is why Grayfia is here until tonight my wife. Going to see how many pages I can read of one and take some notes along the way. Homework is done thankfully and then I have to hope no last minute Devil request comes through."

"I knew you would be good at this. Don't work too hard okay? Otherwise I'll worry about you." Rias was trying her best not to whine. Though in this stage it would be hard to do so.

"Okay. I'll be in the office."

"My office?"

"No. The Ar-fice."

"Hubby. That baby talk?"

"Maybe. But yes the office. Good place to read like a thousand pages."

"A thousand..." Her eyes grew and she turned to Grayfia. "Exactly what are they trying to do to my husband?"

"Teach him. Have him learn. Apologies my lady. I cannot control what methods they use. But at least he isn't in danger." Replied Grayfia.

"Danger!? We just got married not long ago. I need him." She complained with a silver tear in her eye.

"Rias I'll be back for bedtime. Bo sweat."

"Okay." She sniffled. "I'll be waiting. Nothing past 9 o'clock okay?"

"Okay."

"Enjoy your studies." She huffed.

"Love..."

She sighed. "Just rub my belly tonight."

"You know I will."

~~~~~

First up was to get your face in the book of book number one. The Negotiation Art. Because apparently when you're a Devil you need to learn how to negotiate. You weren't bad. After all being the caddy and flower delivery guy the day after you found out Rias was pregnant wasn't a bad deal. Though skipping school and having her and your friends thinking you were into something stupid? Yeah, not the brightest moment.

Moving forward, you were over a hundred or so pages through when a knock came to the door. "It's open." You called out and got a bookmarker.

"Afternoon." Akeno walked in. "How we doing Co-Commander?"

"I'm deep into books. This will be me for a while. What's going on?"

"Well this is to teach you a bit. There are a few summoning requests that came in. One is our usual otaku friend. The others are new. Six in total."

"Send Xenovia to mister otaku and tell her to have fun. Let's try it out." Then you try to evaluate mathematically. "Let's see that leaves you, me, Issei, Asia, Koneko, Kiba, and Gasper. Five left. Have Gasper and Koneko do one together, pair Issei and Asia, and that leaves three more. Guess the three of us got to do what we got to do. Send me one. Where am I off to?"

Akeno smiled. Owning up to it despite everything at your desk. "We have a couples counseling, a power outage, and payment collection."

*Zing* Aura's Storm is right here ready to of service. "Been a while. Kiba for payments and you for counseling. I'll take the outage and do them a favor. For a price. We shall see what they offer. I will be right off. Just need to see Rias first." You get up from your desk and see how your wife is doing. It's going to be dinner time soon and you have to go out on a pact run. Is it feeding time for the pact mule yet?

You open the door and she is delighted. "Honey you sitting next to me on the couch for a while?" Rias asked.

"Apologize but I have a pact."

"Hmph. Work. Grayfia how do you do it?" Huffed Rias.

"I always work. I am unsure." She replied. "But relax my lady we will have a bath soon and you will feel much better. And no matter how long he's gone he will still lotion your belly."

"Yes I will. You and Raven are in good hands. And to think I almost saw a rivalry not long ago."

Grayfia smiled. "Every trial you past. You're a Gremory. You can truly do anything you want to. That includes trials and daily life. Your wife and I believe. Now believe in yourself."

"Wow. Thanks again Grayfia. You know what's best."

You nodded. "I'm well at my job."

"Yeah now I need to tend to another outage. I didn't want Gasper or Asia alone so I had Koneko and Issei go with them. They both could use it. That left Akeno, Kiba, and myself. I guess it's true that a man's job is never done."

"That it is. Now bring home to lightning baby."

*Zing*

"I'll tickle you." You giggled.

"Stop you. And hurry up. You don't need to be at it all night."

"Alright. I'll be back." And hopefully without shocking someone to oblivion.

~~~~~

Day one. Though there will be more of them each with great power and responsibilities.

-Rel